Barbagallo WA

Rick, Kosi (if you post here), Mark, Graham and any other Perth GT40 owners - how are your track times coming along at Barbagallo?

What have you done to your cars recently for better lap times, and did it work?

Hi Richard,
I'm Ian Sheppard. Rick and I have been in corespondance for a while. I'm down in Busselton working on my 40 with another guy, Phil Moore. He has a DRB. and we are hoping to get out on the tracks some time this year. So far my only time this year was from the workshop to the car park and back to the workshop in about 10 minutes. This was because we noticed that we had wound the driveshafts up about 80 degrees. Oh well, Carry on rewardless....

Hi Ian

Very good to hear from you. What are your estimated times of completion?

I know Barbagallo is a bit of a hike for you, but it would be great to see you both up there; not that I'll be driving as I have sold my 68 Alfa and 79 911SC, and my midengined V8 is a while away from completion. I did the Fastlane Formula Ford driving school day last year and loved it...

Richard,
Fortunately my car is registered as it came over from the uk with me last year. All i had to do was get it over the pit here in Busso. This was primarily because the car was already street legal in England. I did have to (throw it together) a bit quick mind back in blighty to be eligable for import so it is now being slowly, lovingly finished in the manner it deserves. It is licensed, and insured so every time we get wheels on it, it has to go for a "test run". Hence the twisted shafts. Progress has slowed a lot as we are flat out on Phil's DRB at the moment as this needs to be ready by chrimble for it's maiden trip to Perth-ville and Inspection.
You can mail me direct if you like at [email protected] regards Ian

Back