clutch slave cylinder movement

hi i am in the process of fitting hydrolics on my tornado and does anybody know how much movement the clutch slave cylinder rod has on their car when the clutch pedal is fully depressed, i only have a small amount of movement approx 1/2 inch which i feel may not be enough to fully disengage the clutch drive plate from the pressure plate
i have used a .625 wilwood master cylinder 1/4 bore pipe full length and a renault 21 turbo clutch slave the car is running a 21 box and a standard 3 part 10inch clutch if i change the master cylinder for a larger bore say .7 of an inch will this increase or decrease my clutch rod movement
thanks in advance for anybodies help
chris

Chris, depending on the pedal ratio of your Tornado, if it is standard then you will need to run either a much larger master cylinder bore ( most guys useing AP clutches run 7/8 to 1 inch bore ) or we can sleeve down the bore of the slave cylinder, both of which will give you more pin movement to operate the clutch thrust. Frank

Howard Jones

Supporter
My master cylinder on my GTD for the clutch is .75. See if yours works and then if it don't inlarge master piston diameter.

Chris, I had a similar problem of insufficient clutch movement on my CAV GT. I too am running a renault 21 turbo gearbox with a standard renault slave cylinder. My master cylinder has a 0.75 inch bore size and the slave has a bore greater than 1 inch. Rather than increasing the size of the master cylinder (which, for me required a cylinder with different mounting pattern), Frank Catt reduced the size of the slave cylinder to 1 inch. This gives me roughly 15mm movement of the slave pin which is enough to disengage the clutch.

Contact Frank, I am sure he can help.

thanks guys i have a .75 master cylinder so i'll give that a try first if that does not work i will go down the line of the slave cylinder to increase movement with frank
thanks for all your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back