Racing and a Thong

Just thought I would post a few shots of my CAV GT. I drive this car to work, to Palm Springs for the weekend, to the track, and in the races at both Willow Springs and California Speedway. 170+mph in 4th gear, (with the A.C. on) never did change to 5th.
“What a fun car”. I just need to find space to put the Louie Vuitton luggage, instead of the 2 flat bags. Ha! What the hell, I don’t wear suits anymore anyway. I have told the wife if she wants to come along, she only needs a toothbrush and a thong and that’s even more fun! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif www.vipclassics.com
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Attachments

• 70446-V-Mod-5CAV1-race-finishLine1.jpg
    70446-V-Mod-5CAV1-race-finishLine1.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 787
Nice Roy.

I am going to be in town the 22nd thru the 27th (or something
close). I might have to drag my brother-in-law down (probably
my father-in-law too). Will you be in town, or do you have plans?

Ian

Wonderful pictures and beautiful car. Out of curiosity, what kind of lap times are you seeing at Willow Springs? I would also like to know what kind of rubber you are running on.

Sorry Ian, I will be in Aberdean South Dakota frezing my butt of [my wifes side but we love them] we leave the 22nd back at work thusday 27th my staff will be at the showroom some of that time, try to catch them sober best to call fisrt, 619 232 6864 ask for TOM. he will be able to sit you in the NEW car, you will be one of the first ones to see it. we have another 6 in stock. Cheers Roy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Michael, I never did time myself at willow, just had fun, and so far with the CAVGT just michalin pilot sports which are greate but may get into some slicks for next year, it's always more fun to be on slicks it just feels safer and I personaly prefer to overtake rather than the alternative. I have a 1986 march indy car, John Andreti's Skoal Banbit #33 which sticks like glue at high speed Now there's a rush. Cheers Roy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to be in town the 22nd thru the 27th (or something close). I might have to drag my brother-in-law down (probably my father-in-law too). Will you be in town, or do you have plans?

[/ QUOTE ]
While in the area, you might want to also visit Symbolic Motors in La Jolla. They probably don't have any GT40s for sale (for a while they had 103), but they usually have some interesting cars.

I think your right; however, I would drive the Mercedes if the steering wheel looked like that!
And, while I am thinking about it,
I have been trying to decide what number to put on the side of my GT next year “69” comes to mind.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifI do not know why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Cheers
Roy www.vipclassics.com

[ QUOTE ]
I have been trying to decide what number to put on the side of my GT next year “69” comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ]
A (late) family friend (John Shagarian) used to race around New England in the 60/70s in a red Can/Am car with the number "69".

It was at his shop, Speedway Custom, in Boston that I got my first ride in a GT40 in '68. At five-years-old, it made a lasting impression.

John (and others) are featured in a book about the Hot Rod culture in New England called Cool Cars and Square Roll Bars

Back