My scratch built

Last one for now...

Attachments

• 71029-December232005019.jpg
    71029-December232005019.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,696
Finally we started popping some pieces from the molds, have everything in hand except the rear decklid...its fully prepped and ready for the mold. Meanwhile I am concentrating on the brake piping, cooling tubes, and then the electrical. I will post more as I make progress.
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,613
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,589
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,582
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,589
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,553
  • PICT0018.JPG
    PICT0018.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,517
Thanks Mark...Trying to do a little each day and keep the momentum. I will post more Photos as I make progress.
Cheers
Phil

Bill, Thanks so much...your build looks good also, I checked out your build site. I apprecialte the support. I have been at this project for a while now and sometimes I think I will never see it finished...But its a GT40, and it must live!
One thing I can tell you is that I have never lost the passion for this car. I can tell you that I cut bend form and weld all types of materials all day, and it can get boring, but I always look forward to doing a little bit on the GT, that is my relaxation time.
Frank...I think you are referring to my front uprights. They are Mustang, The upper wishbone is an off-the-shelf tubular Item, the lower wishbones I fabricated. I am using 12" rotors with Wilwood 4 piston calipers. Those tires are temporary items. I apologize for the dust and dirt you see on the car as we had a small water problem and its been tough to clean up, I would have liked it to have been in a little better appearance before the photos, but I started snapping and here we are. Thanks for your support also. If you need more info on the front end PM me and I will give you some specifics.
Cheers to you both
Phil

Went to a friends shop to look over a job and fell in love....Just couldn't say no to this deal, Sizing is 15 X 14 rears, and 15 X10 fronts, almost perfect backspacing, Just need to make the fit-up. These are from an '84 March champ car chassis, magnesuim..super lightweight, I will post more photos when I get my hands on them, remove tires and clean them up.
Cheers
Phil

Attachments

• PICT0058.JPG
    PICT0058.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 976
now how much did this cost you for the body and frame? i'm looking to starting a project from scratch, and apart from the $20,000 drivetrain that i want to put in, i'm afraid to see how expensive the rest of the parts will be.

Westie
The chassis is my own design, I currently have built 3, #1 was just for testing fit ups etc, and that was without all the triangulation etc. #2 is the chassis you are seeing here, #3 went to my mold man to offset the cost of body parts. I can tell you that there are some really nice units out there, and if you look here on the forum you will probably find anything you need plus advice and help. I was really impressed by Fran Hall's chassis from RCR. I would give him a good look, and probably he could supply you with most parts you may need.
Cheers
Phil

Back