GT40 in Canada

I've been wondering who else in Canada has a GT40? 'Cause it'd be great if we could get together this summer, even if you're from the state or else where actually. Not much is happening here that's related to GT40's. I was thinking about inviting every one here to the shop and then go to Tremblant in Quebec, where F1 use to race before Montreal.

Anyway, give me feedback if your interested so I can plan this.
Everyone is welcome!
Happy New Year!

Hi Michel,

I have an MDA Mk I making it's ocean voyage from the UK as we speak. I hope to have much of the car finished in 2006. There are others who own GT40's in Canada but how many that are on the road remains a question.

Would like to make the trip up - I'm originally from Pointe Claire and St. Lazare, now living in Newcastle ON.

Chris

Happy New Year!!
Michael I also have the first CAV GT 40 in Canada here in Burlington Ontario. I would love the drive to Montreal. Maybe Ian can come to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Michel,

Be glad to hook up with you sometime. There's probably less than a dozen GT40s in Canada (no originals to my knowledge at this time). CAV plans to be at le circuit Gilles Villenueve for the Formula 1 event, maybe we'll see you there:)

Also please feel free to call or email if you need anything for your car...

Cheers

Hey
Good to hear some of you might be interested in doing something! What are the plans for the Circuit Villeneuve? Could I join you guys?
I'm already on the frappr map.
bye
Michel

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Michel,

We should get together sometime, la belle provance needs more GT40s and less cookie cutter supercars.

Cheers

Attachments

• 72447-CAVshopC.JPG
    72447-CAVshopC.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 520
Sounds good to me! I am based in Ottawa and would be interested in a get-together/circuit day-out in the summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hey Trevor,

Ottawa's only a few hours away, come on down to the shop in Burlington. How's your car coming along?

Cheers

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Michel,

Feel like a drive? Come on down and see us at the Toronto International Auto Show running now until Sunday Feb 26th. at the Metro Convention Centre Toronto Show weblink . CAV Canada has partnered with Dunnville Autodrome Dunnville weblink and the extreme driving experience group ACCELER-8 Acceler-8 weblink for this event. We'd love to see any forum members that can make it.

Cheers

Attachments

• 75022-ACC-DUN-CAV1.jpg
    75022-ACC-DUN-CAV1.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 476
Ian, I am new to this site. I am driving a 77' Lotus esprit right now but would LOVE to get into a GT40. What info can you send me regarding the Cav GT40s Thanks

Thanks Mark. I have sent Ian a msg. regarding the cars.So how do you like your car? I have been looking at them for quite some time now but have been spending most of my time working on my esprit to get serious about a GT40.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well, Paul owning a GT40 is certainly an experience and if you don't like attention, don't even consider one. Also, I wouldn't call it an ideal daily driver. Mine was set up as a track-day car by the previous owner and the one change he made that I wish he hadn't was to remove the A/C. These cars really need it unless you plan to drive without the windows in place.

All that said, it is absolutely the fastest and most exciting car I've ever driven.

Mark, I'm use to the looks with my Lotus esprit so I think I can handle the attention. What do you know about the guys at CAV And why do you own a GTD and not one from the local guys?

Ron Earp

Admin
Might want to continue a non-topic discussion offline or in the CAV forum if specific for CAV. If general, the All GT40s forum is a good choice.

Ron

Back