from the Philippines

Hi to all,

i just registered as a member of this forum a few minutes ago.

right now my son (he is 17) and i are planning to start a GT40 project. we intend to build it from scratch and are still looking what parts we can get where ... in the Philippines we have only limited engines, transmissions etc. available so the right choice is crucial if we want to have any chance at all to maintain the car in the future. Impotation can be expensive and for some parts not legal.

The frame chassis we can build here from scratch in stainless steel .... the body we might buy or fabricate, but we have not really decided. We do have CAD plans for the old GT40 (1965 ?) and are now looking for plans of the new model (2005).

The engine will be from Ford, but we will be content with about 200 HP. Am still at a loss how we will connect the mid-engine to transmission, differential and axle. Help in this area would be highly appreciated.

This is my second project. The first one was a Ford Thunderbird 1960. It is on the road now and running well (most of the time). It has a V8 with 300 HP. Have pictures if anyone is interested.

Hope to be an active member of this group and look forward to make friends here.

Back