RF six speed adaptor price reduction

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
As discussed in my last thread on this Manufacturers Section, it is my intention to revisit ALL option prices and to alter them as required. I wish to have all (read most) parts supplied in South Africa or made in South Africa. This can not happen as switches and instruments and even lights are manufactured outside SA.

The cost of our kits had to be increased because of the cost of the components supplied to SA due to the extremely high specifications of our cars, in particular the AP Racing brakes and to a lesser extent the 17" wheels and tyres.

I am glad however to be able to anounce a price DECREASE with the 6 speed adaptor kit.

This kit is very involved with a completely different flywheel, upgraded clutch, release and spiggot bearing. The gearbox mounts and gearchange are also different as is one of the drive shafts and a pair of CV adaptors have to be made and plated. Some of these components are still supplied from Australia, in particular the upgraded clutch, but I am happy that substantial savings will be made due to labour costs in SA and the new price for the 6 speed adaptor will be lowered to between $1500 and $1800 USD.

All customers that have already ordered these parts will have their bills reduced acordingly and I arrange for the web site to be changed.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert, that is good news. I will give this adapter kit serious consideration. I know that it would probably cost me more than that just to source these components, let alone re-engineer half the drivetrain. A couple questions:

1) Do I need to get my engine re-balanced to the new flywheel and pressure palte?

2) Can you give us some specs on the flywheel and clutch? Are the adapters aluminum, or steel?

3) Is an aluminum flywheel available?

4) Does the price require me to exchange any of my existing parts with RF?

Thanks again.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Mark,

The flywheel will need to be "mirror balanced" to the existing flywheel.

The flywheel is steel and the adaptor plate is also steel, only a slight change to your existing adaptor is required for some of the OIE boxes.

An aluminium flywheel is not available. We have our steel flywheels down to only 11.5 kilos (23 lbs.) and they work great.

The following parts will need to be exchanged:

flywheel,
adaptor plate,
release bearing,
spiggot bearing,
clutch,
gearchange,
gearbox mounts,
one drive shaft,
engine stabiliser,
clutch slave cylinder complete with adaptor

As I said it is a comprehensive kit !!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

S

svsgt1

Is this 6 speed adapter for the Audi 01E? Do you make an adapter to fit the Audi 01E to a Chevy LS1 engine? Please let me know if you do as I would purchase one asap. Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Adam Grosso

That company isnt in business at the moment, speak to flactchat on this forum I have one of his adapter kits and they are the real deal.

Steve

S

svsgt1

Already sent him a PM. Thanks for the update. I hope to hear from flatchat soon to get the adapter.

Thanks

Back