GT40 pics from Road America - one in the kitty litter

I know for sure two of them are replica's (Silver & Gulf colored), not sure on the rest. Some of these pictures date back to 2001:

gt40a.jpg

gt40b.jpg

gt40c.jpg

gt40d.jpg

gt40e.jpg

gt40f.jpg

gt40g.jpg

gt40h.jpg

gt40i.jpg

gt40j.jpg

gt40k.jpg

gt40l.jpg

gt40m.jpg

gt40n.jpg

gt40o.jpg

gt40p.jpg

gt40q.jpg

gt40r.jpg

gt40s.jpg

gt40t.jpg

gt40u.jpg

gt40v.jpg

gt40w.jpg

gt40x.jpg

gt40y.jpg

gt40z.jpg

gt40aa.jpg

gt40ab.jpg

gt40ac.jpg

gt40ad.jpg

gt40ae.jpg

gt40af.jpg

gt40ag.jpg

gt40ah.jpg

gt40ai.jpg

gt40aj.jpg

gt40ak.jpg

gt40al.jpg

gt40am.jpg

gt40an.jpg

gt40ao.jpg

gt40ap.jpg

gt40aq.jpg

gt40ar.jpg

gt40as.jpg

gt40at.jpg

gt40au.jpg

gt40av.jpg

gt40aw.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Great pictures!!!!!!!
Thanks !!!!
Keep them coming!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is all I have worth showing in digital at the moment. The task of scanning in 15+ years of film (including the GT40 reunion at RA few years ago) is in the works.

Right now I'm uploading a ton of Lola T70 pics and a few P4 pictures since they seem popular here.

[ QUOTE ]
Great stuff !

I missed bill in the gravel last year (which is ok by me).

I don't know where your located, but i have a Nikon coolscanV ED slide/negative scanner you could borrow if your near Milwaukee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Assuming Bill is the driver of the red Mark IV in the gravel, that picture was from 2003. I hope he doesn't mind that I posted him burying the car in 12 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thaks for the offer on the scanner, that would be awesome - except I'm in Green Bay. If the offer still stands (with me being in GB) I need some time to organize my negatives and a few hundred slides my father has fromt he 60's. He has many period pictures from Road America with Carrol Shelby, Cobra's, T70's etc.... stored away. I'm slowly going through everything.

I've been trying to justify buying a good negative scanner, keep blowing it all on camera gear! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

-Erik

I know how it goes on buying camera hardware...

The owner of the car is from the milwaukee area, Bill Peter. He in on the board also, I believe his user name is "J what?".

I would be open to lending the scanner out for that. I found a good deal on it from someone who bought it, scanned their collection over a few weeks and sold it again.

It makes extremely good scans and is easy to use, but it helps to get as much dust off the slide as possible.

Maybe if you are a regular at Road America I could catch you there and let you use it between events. I have a season ticket and make most of the races.

drop me a line at eosone @ gmail.com

Ian Clark

Supporter
Great Pics! Does anyone know if the white/green stripes #12 is the Comstock team car 1037? I don't know of any other originals with those colours...

Cheers

Attachments

• 74071-1037Westwood.jpg
    74071-1037Westwood.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 483
I'm pretty sure the #12 and #21 cars are the ones Larry Miller owns, 1037 and 1021 (unless someone has cloned them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). 1037 may be co-owned with Tom Mabey - I'm not sure of the exact details of ownership, but Miller owns about 5 originals (and a bunch of Cobras too).

[ QUOTE ]
The silver car and the Gulf are CAV's, how did they get in there? Was this a race or just a track event?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going from memory here so bear with me.

Silver CAV car was in the 2005 One Lap of America - stopped at Road America

Gulf CAV GT40 (and a navy blue one I did not shoot, but squeezed my 6'1" frame into) were parked outside the Mechum Auction during the 2002 Auction held Friday and Saturday night of the BRIC at Road AMerica in Elkhart Lake

Red Mark IV pictures are from multiple events at RA

Baby blue (Mark II?) parked next to the blue Cobra as well as the gold / orange #5 and white / blue #25 were both at the BRIC at RA in 2001 (I think it was still the Chicago Historics back then, not sure) - anyone know the story of these 3 cars?

Larry Miller's cars where shot during the VSCDA Vintage event in 2002 at Road America

Is there any interest with this group of various Cobra pictures including a real Daytona coupe running in group 6 with the #1 Penske Grand Sport?

YES ERIK!!! Please post them! I have love for GT40's, Cobras, Daytona Coupes, T-70, P-4, and the rest! I would love to see the pictures!

How did I miss this post? These are the only pictures I have seen of my car in the litter. What a mess. I took the car down completely this January and I am still finding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif gravel. When it first locked up she was headed for the workers station and the concrete wall. I wish I had a picture of the corner worker as he dove over the wall.
Bill

Bill, funny thing is a friend of mine with a vintage Trans-Am (69 body) Corvette did the exact same move during his race that day. So I have almost identical shots of your car and his Corvette sliding into the gravel.

Beautiful car, I never get tired of watching you drive around RA.

See you in July – I cannot wait for the BRIC.

-Erik

Keith

To be honest, it wan't until I studied these photographs that I realised what a beautifully proportioned car the MKIV is and how small. I have never been lucky enough to get close to one and it's not until you see it together with people and known objects that you realise what a compact car it is. I would be interested in purchasing a copy of your first photo for my "rogues gallery" if that is possible. Perhaps you could email or pm me.

Thanks.

Back