CAV for sale UK

Ron Earp

Admin
Is there a car for sale? Some of those pictures, especially the yellow/black car, are some that CAV posted on this site about their demo car. Frank hit the nail on the head, something is amiss!

[ QUOTE ]
This is a scam !

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank,
See the GT40 Enthusiasts Club magazine issue no 68 page 35. Then check out their telephone number against the one listed on the eBay ad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif

It's A1 Autocraft, the new(?) CAV UK dealer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif

Frank,
That's their personal choice I suppose. After all an ID is just that an ID/handle. The phone number and email correspond to A1's details, and John Dryden/A1 Autocraft is the official agent for Auto Futura.

I've recently been talking to Fisher Sports Cars on something they were selling, their eBay handle is FSCUKSALES, you might read it quickly and your brain translate it different...

Brett

Ron Earp

Admin
I suppose I feel bad about posting against it - I didn't read the part about it being done in 6-8 weeks. I thought they were advertising a car done right now, and then showing pictures of other cars that had been completed. My bad.

Ron

Hi All
Its Sunday evening, and I have only just spotted this 'posting'.
I DO NOT KNOW WHAT AND WHO IS INVOLVED.I WILL DO WHATEVER TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT, FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. I will then let all know.
The car in the picture is our demo and very much in the workshop. NOT FOR SALE.

Thankyou to Frank for letting me know about this.

Speak soon.

Jean Fourie

D

DavidTC

Hi
As a newcomer the comments appear to be over the top. Maybe the GT40 community are too conservative in their approach to sales and marketing. The administrator's initial interpretation seems to be closer to the truth BUT then my experience is only F1,Porsche and Ferrari !.
David

Ron Earp

Admin
I assume that John and Jean might know the distributor in the UK but maybe didn't authroize said distributor to run Ebay auctions for cars not produced or even available?

D

DavidTC

Ron
Coming newly to your excellent site,(and as it happens knowing a little bit of the relevant background), I was surprised by the intemperate language and rush to judgment after reading all of the material in the public domain. I thought the site was for friendly exchange of viewpoints and advice. Not sure the comments to date fit in to that category.
Regards
David

If you stumbled accross this listing on ebay, I doubt people would take it seriuosly, most of the previuos sale and purchases are low cost in comparison.
One interesting point is this ebay purchase the seller made earlier, one of those how to make a mint on ebay by not keeping any stock yourself, unfortunately old school ebayers look for items like this in a sellers history as it rings big alarm bells.

Maybe he was/is going to dropship the GT40?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
Ron
Coming newly to your excellent site,(and as it happens knowing a little bit of the relevant background), I was surprised by the intemperate language and rush to judgment after reading all of the material in the public domain. I thought the site was for friendly exchange of viewpoints and advice. Not sure the comments to date fit in to that category.
Regards
David

[/ QUOTE ]

David, the site is for whatever users make it out to be. If you have been on the car web forums for even a short amount of time, and I'm sure you have, you'll immediately recognize that this site is probably among the most cordial and polite out there.

Maybe if you have relevant background you'd like to enlighten the rest of us on this thread as to the complete story? The comments to date are just that, opinions and view points being expressed. I posted twice on the thread myself, once with my initial impression and then one after I'd fully read and digested the information.

Regardless of what you, I, or the others think, the manufactuer, Auto Futura (Jean and John), seem to be none too pleased with the agent or third party auctioning a car which is not even in their possession. I think that is where the comments are directed.

Ron

D

DavidTC

Ron
Thanks for your missive, nice to hear from a fellow PhD in Chemistry,But mine is premier league rather than championship (apologies you will have to ask your UK moderators to explain that to you), and all the bets are not in!. Where is the reply from CAV?.
Regards
David
PS Think Caltech & U cal Berkeley

[ QUOTE ]
Ron
Thanks for your missive, nice to hear from a fellow PhD in Chemistry,But mine is premier league rather than championship (apologies you will have to ask your UK moderators to explain that to you), and all the bets are not in!. Where is the reply from CAV?.
Regards
David

[/ QUOTE ]

The post by Jean Fourie of Auto Futura. They are the new CAV.

Hmm, you might want to reconsider the Caltech vs. Berkeley
comparo. UC Berkeley has access to one of the premier research
labs in the world /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I should know, I work there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hello Everyone I thought i needed to make some comments about the suprising interest in our ebay CAV GT.I can see that some of the comments were made from a lack of understanding of our companys position,So this is my first attempt keep you informed!
Firstly we did make it clear that the sale is for a car in construction and the pictures were examples of what could be orderd at this stage.Any comments suggesting we would ever sell a car that we dont have are unjust,In fact we have 3 cars in the factory now and 2 more on order.
Im suprised so many found a CAV for sale strange,a real GT sold for 140,000 last week.Many companies use ebay as a very effective tool to market product.Contact numbers were given knowing that anyone interested in a car would call then visit the factory.This has already been effective and we seem to have tapped into customers that may not normally have know about the car.

I understand that many of you know little about A1 as we are new and have not made inpact to shows and meets around the UK t meet you all.Now that we have our cars we are active amoung you all and we hope as a company we can grow the market of the CAV GT as it a brilliant product.However to do this will take sales and i will try every angle possible to find ways to promote the CAV GT.It seems that many people have tried to sell this product and for whatever reason not managed to attract a large enought customer base.

I belive the car has some big potential for not only the car nuts like most of us on this site but for people that would not normally find the product.The contacts i have had this week about the car have been from people that dont recive or read Evo,motorsport or in fact have any knowlage of the Fords history.However they do see a stunning car they would like to own and drive and its in everyone interest that we get as many people in the seat of a CAV GT as possible.

I would have hoped for a better start to my first site reply and now that i have dipped my toe in the water i guess i will have to continue.If i had many of you may have understood our position better,but pressures of work have not made this possible Moving forward we hope to see many of you around the shows and we have some new services and produts we will be introducing in the near future.

PS we are at stonleigh at the end of the month,Gear box permitting.

John

D

DavidTC

Ian
Apparently entering in to the spirit of the site;I presume you can read !. I said Caltech and Berkely not Caltechj vs Berkeley!. Both are premier league in my book. The comparison is UNCS.
Not sure this ennervating to a car web site !.
Yours in haste
David

Ron Earp

Admin
[ QUOTE ]
Ron
Regards
David

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the subtle insult. Or maybe not, I don't know. I'll figure it out later.

The reply is from Auto Futura, the folks that develop and build the CAV GT. You'll find it a few posts up. Enjoy the forum.

Ron

Back