RCR-P AND P4

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Now all I have to do is win the lottery so I can collect the whole set! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And I'll have to loose a foot of height, 6'4" is probably too tall for every one of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Not so Pete.....just assume the driving position of a racer and you will fit in everyone with a helmet on...no issues at all..I have had many 6'5" guys in the cars......now go and get that lottery ticket bought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Buying lotto tickets today, then getting a second job, selling stuff on Ebay all to support the goal of collecting the entire set! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's had the "lottery" fantasy. Let's see...Lola T70 in Penske/Sunoco livery, GT40 in Gulf livery, 917 in Martini green/purple "hippy" livery, P4 in Ecurie National Belge (i.e., yellow) livery, MkIV in bronze as driven at Le Mans by, I think, Roger McCluskey (always liked that color)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Fran
I get the impression that you not only supply and build replica's but you are dedicated to perfection. I wish you were in the uk I would definately have purchased a few of your products.
The 917 is of interest and look forward to seeing more around.My problem is when I build the cars I dont sell them on but keep and use them,and I'm running out of space and time, my wife says you can only drive one at a time so why have four. 'What do women know anyway '.
Keeping an eye on the web site with anticipaction, nice job Fran.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
my wife says you can only drive one at a time so why have four.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume she has more than one pair of shoes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott McDill

Supporter
Kristian,
At first I thougt you were crazy for asking such a question, but after reading some of your other posts I think I understand. Here in the United States a personaly constructed vehicle only has to comply with basic regulations (Like having headlights and wipers) The person constructing the vehicle is responsible for insuring the level of safety is adequate to meet their needs. If you purchase a replica you are considered to have constructed the vehicle. Thus if you want better side impact protection, place a 2x2 thick wall chrome molly steel bar in the door between the Nader pin and the hinges. If you want more Fran offers a full cage. These cars are replicas of race cars that were constructed to be light and fast. A replica company could not afford to crash a few of each model to obtain certification. In addition FMVSS would require many more changes resulting in a modern vehicle. Ford allready makes one. The Ford GT. If you want Air Bags, padding, Crumple zones, Specialy constructred A and B pillers etc. You should consider buying one of those instead.

If you want to register a kit car in Europe (apart from the UK and Sweden and maybe a few place more) at the moment you'll need crash tests or calculations of chassis strength.

I talked to Göran who makes the Swedish GOX replica and he said they were considering making crash tests of each of their chassis. Westfield (who makes Lotus 7 replicas) have done crash tests and they now comply with the EU legislation.

The only other way to get a GT40 or a P4 replica registered for the road here is to get an already registered one which has been registered first time before 1998 (and to be on the safe side: registered before 1977). Building your own is not possible unless the chassis has under gone and passed a crash test.

So to sum it up it's not I who want airbags or crash tests - it's the authorities who want to spoil my fun....

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Mark,
I love your rebutal !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will have to use that one next time I get the same ole argument.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
I love your rebutal !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Rob. I'm blessed to have a wonderful, shoe-loving wife who completely understands the "need" to have different cars for different occasions. The fact that I first bought her an RX-8 may have had something to do with it, though...
Mark

Ref; aluminum roof option.
As I stated originally ..when the repeatability of the handformed parts is up to scratch ie; matches the profile everytime then and only then would it be offered as an option.
That criteria has not been met yet and until it is it will continue to be in development, the price is another issue altogther.....pricier than originally quoted and as such I dont think it will be very popular...but I could be wrong.

Hey Fran,

Just had a crazy idea. The RCR-P would make a great electric sports car. Of course current technology would limit such a car to autocross and street use, but boy would it be fun. You might even be able to claim the worlds fastest 0-60mph street car.

Back