Please let me hang around........but don't tell my wife!!!

Please let me hang around........but don\'t tell my wife!!!

Hello -

I've been a long time fan of the GT40. It was the spark that ignited my life-long passion for cars and racing.....my dad worked at Ford in the '60's. My first awareness of racing/performance cars was from articles in the company newsletters of the time on the Ford GT's racing activities.

After building an ERA Cobra replica only to wreck it last year, I miss working on a project. I'm drawn to the idea of building a GT40 replica. I'm in awe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif of the effort undertaken by those here who restore / maintain the original cars. Thanks for helping preserve a piece of history!! BTW- The fellow who did the custom headers for my ERA is an ex-Holman & Moody mechanic. On my first visit to his shop, he showed me the beautiful MkIIB (2-4 barrel Holleys) that he had painstakingly restored. He has since sold it. Wonder where it is now....

Please let me hang around....but pleeeeeease don't tell my wife!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

P.S. Although I was brought up in the 'Ford family', I've grown to appreciate a variety of marques......I presently have a 1966 Corvette, 2 Porsches (1967 911S & 1970 914-6), an S2000 and a Mustang. But my all time favorite car is the Ferrari 330/P4.....seeing documentation of Jim (Mk IV J6)'s P4 restoration has me wired up (and green with envy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Best Regards to All,
Bob S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Re: Please let me hang around........but don\'t tell my wife!!!

Hello, Bob,

Although I'm tagged a "newbie", I for one would like to welcome you. I think I read about your unfortunate mishap in the CC forum. Glad you're OK; more importantly, I'm happy that your enthusiasm is alive and kicking.

Just a hint...it's easier to "sell" the idea of a GT40 to the manager. The roof makes a big difference in the perception of 'safety".
Besides, every enthusiast should have a GT40 and a Cobra in the garage.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ray

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Welcome, Bob.

I tend to agree with Ray, having the support of the Boss will definitely make life easier. Good luck!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Bob, I agree with the other boys getting "She who must be obeyed" on side will be a major plus.

Hi Mike - Yes, the MK IIB was yellow w/ black stripes. Have you seen it? When I saw it (about ?5? years ago) it was just beautiful.

Regards, Bob

Fran Kress brought a gorgeous yellow MK IIb to Carlisle
3 years ago that I was told was assembled by Holman/Moody.
The sound it made with the race exhaust was incredible.
I don't know if Fran still has it.

MikeD

Back