Fidenz's Alum. Flywheel

Attachments

• 73919-DSC_4549.JPG
    73919-DSC_4549.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 537

Chris Kouba

Supporter
John,

Please pick one thread to post your picture to and then continue to reply to it. If you have any questions, check **HERE** for a little insight to this process.

Thanks,
Chris

73917-DSC_4551.JPG

73916-DSC_4540.JPG

73915-DSC_4487.JPG

73914-DSC_4522.JPG

73911-DSC_4519.JPG

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Armond's custom size oil pan..This was shortend a little more than normal gt40 size.The engine was lowered to fit the ZF. The pan was made a little shallower so it won't stick out the bottom.

Attachments

• 73948-DSC_4540.JPG
    73948-DSC_4540.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 502

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
John
Are you sure the ZF is up the right way? My cross shaft is at chassis level and cover plate over crown wheel is on top.I see the c/v flanges so it looks like you've got the M1 ZF upside down. Shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong though.
Ross

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ross,

This is a pantera box not the m1 box. Do you like how level the axles are positioned ...You can't get any better than that.

regards John

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Oliver,

I don't know if there is any truth to the following but I'll throw it out there.

In regards to half shaft angle\cv's they are designed to have some angle on them, even if very slight. Either fore\aft or updown\down or cobination is necessary so they always have some working contact on them rather than perfectly centered with no angle (of course extreme angle is not acceptable either).

Anyone to confirm this?

Ive heard that before too Tim,(only on this forum) but every formula car that I have ever owned or seen , FF F2000 , Champ Cars they are always dead on centered to the eye. If it is the type that uses a big rubber boot, it will surley last longer if not having to correct a large offset.

Oliver,
I think what Ross may be referring to is the lower a-arm. On my car the lower control arms are almost parallel with the ground. I believe if you set the ride height you will see something different.
Looks like some nice stuff you have there, would love to see some more pics.

Simon

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Excellent looking parts, the manifold is a very nice looking part. What size are the butterflies in the maifold?

Good stuff!

Sandy

John B

Temp Selling Pass
It is 50mm Throttle bodies With Motec EFI The cross ram is a custom built item and is not availiable in the USA This is a special order item.. There are only 4 of these crossrams that exist in the world for a ford 302 ther are other home made jobs but nothing compairs to to the craftmenship of this intake. The cost of the intake and throttle bodies alone is more expensive then most what people put into there whole motors. The intake is still under devolpment and once completed by the end of this month, I am going to have a Motec tech tune it. I'm still learning on EFI Motec and don't want to burn the motor up. The block is a Dart Alum 302 AFR205 all steel bottom all titanium top end stroked 331 roller cam built by DSS. This motor will hold 1000 Hp. Although it will be only around 500to 550 bhp. Good for the long haul.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
John Are you sure it's a Pantera box? cause those c/v's are not a usual item on a Pantera.Also the
shifter is out the top left on a Pantera and yours is not.Mate, I'd be checking the number of forward and reverse gears, unless you have already done this or checked the internals.The pic of your car appears it is not at ride height as the lower arms are in droop.If that is correct your driveshafts should be down too.With my car at ride height the lower arms are nearly horizontal and the d/shafts are pointing down a little and go through parallel and up to bump when cornering.The output shafts for correct GT40 orientation of the transaxle are above the input shaft and yours are not, as in the Pantera.I don't want to see you carry on without correcting this as it's alot of changes to make.Of course your shifter will stick out the LHS when you invert the box and you will have to swap this as I had to do. Have a look at any pic of a ZF in a GT40 John and you'll find I'm right.The C&P cover plate is on top with round ears for chassis mount.That plate is underneath on a Pantera where yours is now.Also the Pantera shifter box is on the top left and when you flip the transaxle for GT40 use it becomes bottom right exactly where you want it.The only problem is the Crown wheel in the Pantera box has to swap sides and oil drain holes drilled between sections.It's the cross shaft and c/v's that convince me it's an M1 box.One last thing though if the carriers for an external clutch shaft are not present it's geared up for an internal hydraulic unit, another clue to M1 origin.What I'm saying is it's definately upside down and you should correct it now!!!!!
Hope this is good info for others too.
Regards Ross

Back