408 stroker for sale UK

After some serious thinking, I have decided to go with a 302 in my new build therefore, my stroker engine is up for sale.
Dave Whitehurst racing 408cu in 351 windsor stroker engine. Has been in a road car for slightly over 1,000 miles and is consequently in as new condition.
the history of this engine can be verified by Dave whitehurst himself. The 408 that he produces has been dyno'd at 490 BHP and a similar amount of torque.
I would be happy to partially strip the engine for inspection, or deliver it to your engine builder for stripping/verification.
The engine comes complete with an aluminium flywheel, hi-torque starter motor, and H/D clutch. The engine also has an 850cfm (enlarged to 920cfm) double pumper carb.
Please contact me for further details and full spec. Cost almost £10,000 looking for offers around 5K
Simon
07802 463848
01708 224402

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Simon.....I'm trying to determin what engine configurations will pass my emissions needs of 220ppm HC and 1.2% CO. I note your engine for sale is a 408 and one of the engine combos I am considering is a 402 or 427 Windsor so I am very interested to know if you passed UK emissions w/ your engine and if your emissions test #'s are in line w/what I need to meet. If you did pass emissions w/ this engine did you need cats, and if so where did you place them, and if so was there any heat problemsw/ the cats......AND most importantly what cam did you use! THANKS Steve

Sorry Steve, As I'm in the UK regs are quite different I think. For an engine built with an old block like this one (for SVA puposes) the emissions check is along the lines of seeing if the engine smokes!!!! (visible emissions!)no cats etc I've never fitted this engine (it was originally going to go in a Cobra)so have never had to put it through the MOT test.
Simon

Simon

More details on the engine

Dave Whitehurst 408 stroker Engine 490 BHP, 480 lbs Torque

351 Windsor block

Block has been destressed, bored, aligned and decked

Crank is Iron, Lightened, Balanced, Heat Treated, Race Prepared

Flywheel is Billet Alloy with steel centre

Clutch is a Centre Force Clutch, Heavy Duty

Pistons are JE performance pistons

Speed Pro Plasma Moly Rings

Con rods are Eagle steel billet H Beam rods