Member Removed

This is my first post to the forum having spent many hours reading all the useful information and comment that has been presented. For me, most has been interesting, informative, supportive and friendly and I hope it can continue to be maintained that way - very well done Ron.

As some may noticed I have butted heads with Oliver in the past as many have, I have also noticed that a few of his posts sounded like a different person and he actually added to the spirit of the forum. That being said,,,
I also believe that some of the things he brought to the fore front regarding customer service here in the states needed to be addressed.I have been biting my tongue for 2 years on this forum, sometimes I have asked a manufacture to improve things for the next guy down the road since I have what I have. Some short falls on behalf of a manufacturers performance have been brought to fore front by Oliver, others have not. Just because he got punted off the forum does not make some of his complaints untruthful.I could write a book on my first experience in the kit car world, my own , my friends,,, that don't post all the trouble they encounter.It is hard to believe in the information age that so much goes unanswered with so little effort as just a email.Or someone just cant look you in the eye and tell you the truth, or even on the phone.Lies to cover mistakes, lies to cover their own rears,,, it all comes out in the end,,, at least to the ones that have been burned.
I think many forum members feel they don't want to burn a bridge , others don't want to degrade the car they are trying to finish. I think many have been silent in certain respects on this forum ,,,maybe more than I could ever guess,,, and others ,,, protect,,,misrepresent or all the above for personal gain .Sadly I think this could apply to the hobby of replicars as a whole and not to just one manufacturer. There is allot of incredible brilliant work being done in this industry , unfortunately for one reason or another all the basses are not covered .
While chatting with a friend recently about this he had trouble understanding why certain aspects are not cured.
I thought about it for a moment and then came up with this,,, Look at Microsoft, all the people,, all the hardware and software, all the billions and when the consumer gets it,it still does not work half the time.Too bad things cant be different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

I have been in contact with Oliver Twist, ever since I called him a Hemorrhoid. Most of the e-mails were “FUN/filthy”, until the last two, when we both became civil, kissed and made up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oliver was not banned because he or “2000” people being unhappy with a manufacture. He was banned for his caustic personality (it takes one to know one!). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif If I get banned tomorrow, it is because I DESERVE IT, no questions asked, no reasons need to be given. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The issues with all the manufactures are the same today as they were 50 years ago. THESE ARE KIT CARS. There are headaches of all kind, all the times. If you are willing to put down 30K for a car unseen, then live with it, or ask for your money back. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

If not, take your money go to GM or Chrysler, walk on the show room floor and buy a Super Bling Corvette/Viper. Or, try building one from a rolling chassis, or, wait and buy a kit that is already on the road, Oliver did that.

Some people my read the above and think I hate kit cars. On the contrary, I love them (AND YES, I often get stranded). When I bought the stage 1 kit of my Cobra, the manufacturer closed shop and moved to another state!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Did that bother me? NO, I knew he was a flake. When I was buying the Kit, I was “looking strait at his eyes” and he “was lying straight through his teeth”,,Would I deal with him again, YES, I knew what I was getting into, that was my choice.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Most of the members on this Forum have above high school education (oliver and I excluded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). We should know better.

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

I have banned Oliver again and Oliver asked me to post that this action was taken. I decided to remove him primarily because Oliver chose to not conform to the etiquette and board rules on the forum. Before I let him back on the forum this second time, he promised to me that he would to remain cordial and avoid confrontation. However, I, and many others judging from emails to me, saw that little in his behavior that changed.

Another reason for removal is time - I was using a lot of time writing emails to people writing me about Oliver, and on occasion writing Oliver as well. With all the things that goes on with running the forum and carrying on life I didn't see that this was a good expenditure of my time.

Oliver asked for his $20.00 forum donation back and his $100 RF legal fund donation back. I returned both of them immediately. While I enjoyed my one phone call with the real person behind the Oliver , I can't say I enjoyed the Oliver forum persona. I did indicate that if he would like to return to the forum in the future, under his real name, following forum rules, then I have no objection. But rules, written board rules and unwritten etiquette rules would be strictly enforced.

Oliver can be contacted at his email address which is in his profile and is accessible. No need for comments or posts on this thread that would require comment from Oliver or exasperate the situation.

Ron

Back