Need color codes and stripe dims

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Intend to paint per Shelby 1015 (NO 1) Miles/Hulme Le Mans 24hrs 18/19 June 1966.....Can anyone provide the Du Pont color codes for the main bodylight blue as well as white stripes and dark blue outline stripes, also the frame dark blue.....Need too the stripe and outline stripe dims ( as I'm sure all know the over the top dark blue stripe that outlines the white stripe is wider than a normal pin stripe and the sill stripe is a white main stripe with dark blue wide outline stripes adjacent w/o seperation. Thanks in advance.. Steve

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
If no one knows ans to my original post does anyone know where to get the info I need????? Steve

Or... 1015 is owned by Larry Miller, and I'm pretty sure Bill Murray (no, not that Bill Murray) keeps up & restores Miller's cars. So try:

Murray Racing
705 Weaver Park Rd
Longmont, CO 80501-6035
(303) 772-2697

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Bill...email out to Racing Icons.....Steve....Tx for Murray's #; I will call him tomorrow! Steve

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Guys...Racing Icons got back to me re my querry on original post and advised that they have not worked on or researched #1015 so don't have info but, speculated that blue was Arcadia Blue (code F), Wimbelton White (M), and trimlines Nitemist Blue (K)......suggested I contact Ronnie Spain or Shelby Museum for confirmation...I think they are probably correct re the Arcadian Blue but am suspect re the Wimbleton and Nitemist.........WOULD ANYONE KNOW either Ronnie or the anyone at the Shelby Museum that can help me.....came out empty on the tip re guy that services the original ( says he doesnt think what they panted it when restored was correct and doesn't know what was used anyway but what's on the car now isn't Wimbeton, nor is the trimline on the car a metallic ( as I think Nitemist is) so I need HELP! TK Steve

Steve, I would play it safe and go with the mustang colors Ford painted them with for 1966 (if that's the year of the 40 you're trying to replicate). I'm going the same route with my car's scheme. There are 2 websites that can help end your searching

1) www.svs.com/zim/mustang/colors.html they have all of the original Mustang colors codes from 1964-73 with good color pictures of Mustangs so have a look at the 1966 colors and see it they are close

2) www.ppgcarpaint.com/ and plug in the numbers you got from the SVS site - it will give you all the info you need.

Hope that helps-

Chris

Back