Infineon Track day

Had a great day with Trackmasters at Infineon on Friday.Perfect weather and dicing with Steve Beck in the yellow Tornado. Steves Goodyears are getting thin so he was sliding a lot, but we handled the Porsches fine.

Well that did not work.Hopefully this works.
(image)http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e266/gwozencroft/GT40Infineon2-24-06019bothcarssmall.jpg(image)

Sorry guys, I thought I understood how to do this. I will try Marks method 2. If this does not work help me out here.

Attachments

• 75574-GT40Infineon2-24-06019.smallestjpg.jpg
    75574-GT40Infineon2-24-06019.smallestjpg.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 562
Success . Not perfect but getting it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif
Top of the hill. Slippery exit if you turn in too early.

Attachments

• 75576-GT40Infineon2-24-06006smallest.jpg
    75576-GT40Infineon2-24-06006smallest.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 564
Sneeking up on a Porsche. Oh yeh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Attachments

• 75577-GT40Infineon2-24-06021smallestfile.jpg
    75577-GT40Infineon2-24-06021smallestfile.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 576
Ron,
I believe the red mirrors are for looking behind. Actually,as you will notice in the 2nd pic ,they are color coordinated with my driving gloves and bloodshot eyes. Its a Kalifornia thing ,as my mentor Faili would say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have seen Grahams car up close and it is the coolest period correct, antibling machine I've ever seen! I would bet money on most people swearing it is a orginal. I LOVE that car!

Graham's car is "hella kool", indeed, the most BLINGLESS of all GTs.
If I ever abandon the bling kingdom (NEVER), his car would be the one I would choose, even though the steering wheel is on the wrong side. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
P.S The Red mirrors are for BLING and nothing else /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Hi Graham
Sorry for being a dumb Brit but where abouts is Infineon Raceway, how long is it.
I have only seen a few US tracks, most look bigger and wider than UK circuits.
Also it looks like you have registration plates on the front of the cars similar to the UK ?

Keith,
Yes Chris is correct the track is Sears Point ,always will be ,but is known as "Infineon Raceway "since it is sponsored by them. No free Audi at entry unfortunately .The track has plenty of elevation changes and is a fantastic place ,they have spent tons of money on it since being bought by Bruton Smith(?)the fellow that owns a number of NASCAR tracks. The track is run clockwise like the UK. Most other tracks in US run anti clockwise in Brit speak ? Now theres a question to everyone ? I know Laguna Seca, Thunderhill etc in California run counterclockwise. I don't know that it is much wider that English tracks ,its been a while since I was at say Oulton Park which I would think was comparable. Both my car and Steve Becks Tornado were both registered in UK .Both cars were built in UK and then shipped here to California . Sorry guys I know there is another thread about all the cars that have been built and then plucked from the motherland ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I registered my car in UK as a 66 ,found a title from a 66 Galaxie hence D reg plates . Then swansea messed up the paperwork ,boy we think DMV here is bad .I now have a california title and have a california plate on the rear of mine but I won't give up my Brit plate on the front (illegal in california not to have california plate front and rear ,oh well). Steve does not even bother with US plates ,just drives it to the track on Brit plates and Goodyear racing tyres.What a country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back