GT 40 for tall people!

I'm a South african Ex works race engineer for Audi sport and I have had a love for the gt40 ever since i laid my eyes on it. The problem is that most of the replicas I've seen I just dont fit into as i'm close to 2m tall or 6 ft 6 inches. So determined to own one I started designing my own chassis , a stailness steel monocoque with a large cocpit with out comprimising the wheel base dimention of the orginal. The result was a extremely comfortable driving position with loads of head and foot room and a steering wheel that is positioned right infront of the driver. I am so impressed that i'm seriously conssdering seting up a manufacturing plant to manufacture this car. Does anybody think i'm wasting my time? initial calculation indicte cost of a rolling chassis with rose joint suspension, aircon, wilwood brakes and a stainless steel monocoque chassis are aprox $55 000 -$60 000 (US)

What I meant with a roller is a completely built car painted assembled just with out a Engine and trans axle in kit form it would probaly cost $32 000 US

Attachments

• 77354-GT40metwiele1.JPG
    77354-GT40metwiele1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 289
It would be real hard to start a new GT40 replica company right now. People want to buy from someone that is making and delivering cars, not promises of cars.

Back