F1 Sidecar Passenger saying hello.

Hi everyone
Just saying hello to all you good people. What a great forum you have here. I have been interested in GT40's for years now, but I can't convince the wife to say yes to building or buying one (any tips............?)

I Passenger a F1 Sidecar at the weekends here in the UK. It kinda gets the blood rushing. A bit like a 40 I guess. I have yet to experience the thrills of riding in a GT40 but I bet its spine tingling. I go to Goodwood every year to watch the members of the GTD club thrash their way around the famous Sussex track. (Its fast on a sidecar too....!) Brighton Speed Trials is also a favorite of mine. I'm sure one day I will own a GT40, but until then I will continue to watch and dream.

I am currently taking a year out of sidecar racing as I am recovering from leg injuries sustained last September at Brands Hatch. We collided with another outfit at Paddock Hill bend.

All the best

Jas

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome Jas,
being a passenger is probably the wildest thing I can think of. Can you remember Owen Greenwood and his 1070 Mini Special? Great guy. I used some of his engines in my Triumphs. Hope you get back and the leg heals properly. I guess it's an occupational hazard!!
Dave M

Jas,
I did some sidecar racing as a passenger back in the late seventies with a Honda 750cc bored to 810cc.I did it in between endurance racing on a normal bike and I can confirm it is one of the most exiting rides I had!
Welcome to the forum and hope to meet you at Goodwood in August.
Rgds
fred

Welcome Jas -

Make yourself known this year - I'm sure we can get you a ride. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And for anyone interested - the GTD40 CLUB TRACKDAY will be on THURSDAY 17th AUGUST this year. (Sunny + DRY! - I hope!!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome Jas -

Make yourself known this year - I'm sure we can get you a ride. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And for anyone interested - the GTD40 CLUB TRACKDAY will be on THURSDAY 17th AUGUST this year. (Sunny + DRY! - I hope!!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh oh oh oh yes please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I often come to events and wonder what it would be like to ride in GT40. If any one wants to make me a very happy bloke then i would love to ride in your GT40. I will be there in August come rain or shine.

Fred,
Did you race in Belgium? I don't think you currently have a good race series over there. In our domestic series we have an outfit who travels all the way from belgium for every race. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Will you be bringing a 40 to Goodwood?

David,
Yes I have seen the Greenwood mini at Mallory Park. It is quite famous in the Sidecar Paddock. I can't wait to get back on the sidecar. Its the most bonkers thing I have ever done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Jas

Some pics of me from last year

Passenger on black outfit No.42

09.jpg

07.jpg

IMG_5696.jpg

Jass,

You are correct that this disciple does not really exist in Belgium.Bare in mind my time was in the late 70ties..It was at Zolder and mainly Nivelles (last track does not exist anymore.
Yes I plan to take my GTD to Goodwood (Gulf livery 1968 spec one)
Rgds
Fred

Back