control arms RF

I am the owner of an RF.
I do not put it in my profile but I fabricate performance parts for a living.

As the end looks near for RF & the uncertainty of parts supply I am going to duplicate upper & lower control arms for the suspension.
The front upper arms will be redesigned slightly to aid in the adjustment of the wheel alignment without pulling arms out to adjust the rose joints.

If anyone is interested I can work out costs on arm sets.
If owners wish to give me an idea of numbers it may help.

I am not putting this up to rub salt in the wound I do not wish to be caught with out critical parts & I am shaw others are thinking the same.

Jim.

Sounds interesting. I was disappointed to find out the the RF control arms are seamless welded mild steel, and I was thinking that if I ever take mine on track, I'd want to replicate them in 4130.

Can you let me know what the cost would be? Thanks.

Mark
Probley not the place to post this.
I have posted the same on chassis so maybe there.
I had thought of that , the only concern I have is because the arms are quite short
Even in seamless tube 2mm wall & 5mm plate on the top arm 3mm on the lower I would think its quite rigid.
I was thinking of a double lamination at the lower ball joint area as its load bearing.
If you did have a hit the cromemoly may be to rigid & not allow the arms to take the force & it would transfere it into the chassis.
I am open for suggestions & happy to make it in either.
Jim.

Back