Transaxle ID -- Audi ??

Devin

Supporter
Dan,

I just got back from San Antonio...I would think that a yard in that town would have a 016 available that you could pick up when your in the area (2.5-3 hours away). From what I can tell there are plenty around in anything from Audi 90s, 100s, and 5000s. You just have to make sure of the coding on the side of the gear case and gear ratio on top of the bellhousing rim for what you want.

Here's one too...an 016 thats a bit dirty but a single thats reasonable $$ right now.

Ebay tranny

Shipping will be cheaper for one vs two anyways.

Too bad you didn't see the one in AR that was just on there a couple of days ago.

They come up quite a bit if you watch for them. If you can't tell, I'm keeping my eye on these myself since I can drive there and back in a day and pick them up myself. I have been looking for one close enough to do that with for about 6 months when these popped up. It will probably be $100-200 each to get shipped and crated to anywhere. But if you find one for under $200 it might be worth not having to go to a local yard an pull one yourself anyways.

Cheers,

Devin

Devin

Supporter
Mike...

Are you bidding on those?

Maybe we can work a deal if you don't need both of them.

I live in the Norfolk, VA area and we can work out a transportation deal. PM me about it.

Devin

Back