RF Engine/Transaxle location

I have set my block and transaxle into the frame and I have a couple of questions about the location.

My driveshafts will be offset about 2 1/8" between the transaxle and wheel as it now sets. The transaxle is rearward to the wheel. Is this typical on other RF?

Also, what are you guys using for an oil pan? I'm thinking about the Canton 15-630. Anyone else fit one of these pans into an RF?

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/pans/road_race/ford_front_sump.html

Ron Earp

Admin
Use the road race on Dan as you mentioned, with the kickouts. It was on my engine when it was in the car and fit perfectly and was very level with the bottom of the car.

Ron

My RF has the "standard" configuration of 302W + Audi 016 and eyeballing it, the offset is around 2 - 3", with the wheels offset towards the front of the car.

Thanks Ron, I looked through the pictures I took at your house to see if I had any oil pan shots but could not find any.

Kym, Thanks. I should have mentioned I also have a 302 with an 016.

Anyone else have this condition with the offset?

Dan,
This is the best picture I have with exhuast removed. You can just make out that the drive shafts are in a forward facing V.
If you need an acurate messurement, I think a good place to messure would be from the adapter-plate to the chassis top cross member. My car is away getting some work done at the moment but I can messure it for you when I get it back.

Attachments

• 79036-engineandchassis.JPG
    79036-engineandchassis.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 417
Back