RF Clutch and Pressure Plate

Ron Earp

Admin
Anyone know what the standard clutch and pressure plate used to fit the Roaring Forties flywheel is? I had notes that it was a Jag XJS disc and plate, but I do not know if that is true. Those with kits might be able to look on the box and provide a part number.

Reason I ask is I have a RF flywheel, but, I have no pressure plate or clutch.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

The clutch plate is made in Australia and sold by PBR, with a PBR part no. R9516W.

I don't have the box for my pressure plate but the identifying marks are a sticker with "RPM Performance CLutch" on it and two stampings that read :Borg & Beck Co LTD" and "TYPE 9/91/208."

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, if I can be so bold, why not sell the flywheel to another member and purchase a complete flywheel clutch assembly when you need one? This may help a forum member and alleviate you from ordering parts from Aussie. Just my /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twocents.gif.

Ron Earp

Admin
Might be a good idea - too much of my money has gone "Down Under" as of late! I was just trying to make do with what I had on the cheap, but if I can source a complete system inexpensively I'll do that instead. Are any RF people needing a flywheel for an Audi setup?

R

Hi Ron
We stock the flywheel,adaptor plate, clutchplate and pressure plate to suite Audi 5-speed and 6-speed boxes. Needless to say we also sell all the bits eg: gearlinkages and controles. The above for both 302 and 351 engines.
Just let me know what you need, and we can include it on our next shipment to UK. About three week's time.
Jean

Ron,

Here some pictures I took as a reference to use after I had everything installed and needed to source new parts.

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

This brings up something I have been wondering about for a while now. It would be nice if we could put together a list of vendors that supplied parts to RF so we can get them in the future, Some things that come to mind are the rear uprights, driveshafts, C/V joints, pilot bearing (which I need) pin drive wheels, rack & pinion. I'm sure there are some other parts that could be added to this list. I know anything can be made to work but it would save a lot of time and $$$ if we could pick up the phone and buy the part directly. Someone out there must know where all of this stuff was sourced from.

Ron,
For what its worth, I was told that it was a 1950s Land Rover housing with a beefed up spring. Not sure of the accuracy of that info though. However, I can say that it is a very common size and bolt pattern (as found in many V8 Holdens here in Aus) except that the throw is different, so just make sure that you have that base covered if you go looking for an alternative.

According to Hershal, the pressure plate is out of a late 60's Rover. The clutch disc is modified froam a stock unit by removing the center rose spline and replacing it with the Audi rose spline.

Back