Sealing the doors

Weather stripping most of the door is a no brainer. However, what is used on the bottom where the door meets the sills?

Bill D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill

I believe nothing for the bottom of the door

BUT i have heard a lot of water gets kicked up by the front tyre that then travels inside the front clip and past the door hinge and finds it's way onto the door sill.
A suggestion was the brush material they use over the wheel arch of atriculated trailer, and, when fitted to the chassis (Brush sticking out towards the side of the front clip, forms a "semi barrier" with the clip - with about 90% of the water then falling into the wheel area and not finding it's way to the sill and carpets.

I have not yet found the material but it sounds like a good idea in the damp UK

Ian

Bill - there should be a bottom door/sill weather seal. It's basically an aluminum bracket that runs/screws to the length of the door opening and has the same type seal for the door to close against - at least that's how MDA deal with it. Can take a pic of mine if you want more info.

Chris

Ron McCall

Supporter
Bill,
Have you got your weather stripping yet? LMK if you haven't. I know the part # for the same stuff the Safir cars use.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
I installed a bulb seal on the sill that compresses when the door is closed. I'll dig up a picture. Went without at first and did get moisture inside.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Same situation here as with Neal's above. The pichweld is the same as that around the rest of the door, & clamps onto a f/glass lip sticking up from the sill.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• 79386-DCP_0622(Large).JPG
    79386-DCP_0622(Large).JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 506

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Have you got your weather stripping yet? LMK if you haven't. I know the part # for the same stuff the Safir cars use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron - Toss it out, would be useful to have for me down the road as well.

Sandy

Guys,

The full part number for the door seal at JC Whitney is ZX132560W - just looked it up!

John
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Not sure if the right place for this, but since JC was mentioned might save some $$ for some folks

[ QUOTE ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Shipping with a $50 or more purchase - Exclusive Email Promotion
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 3 Days Remain to Get Free shipping -- Act Fast and Shop Now

Simply enter code SETHD06 in your online shopping basket and automatically receive your discount.

Click to SHOP NOW. And hurry!! This offer expires Thursday, 4/20/06.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Bill D

I'll show you a series of RF trims for weather sealing the bottom of the doors, about 3 or 4 photos...

Attachments

• 80416-sCar-Details05.JPG
    80416-sCar-Details05.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 439

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
The flat section with the holes sits on the sill and the pointy end closest to camera points towards the back on a RHS door, like this:

Attachments

• 80417-Image059.jpg
    80417-Image059.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 445
Back