1047 is back

Keith

Presumably, this is the original 1047 and not 1031/1047. How on earth did it end up in that state?

Hodges's book suggests this is indeed 1031/1047 : "To Japan mid 70's (two decades later it was reported to be in a sadly neglected state). This car has carried 1047 chassis plate"

Strangely I'm showing a sale of a car as 1031 in late 2001 - described in the ad as 'not good condition' and USD 1 million - I do not know where the ad was

Keith

Hmmm, but that 1031 would be 1047 (the car in Japan)wouldn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

'In not good condition' for a million bucks. Nice, still, it was the only IIB ever to actually win a race.

Actually I think re-reading the racingicons piece etc you are correct that this should be the original 1047

Yes, it's the original 1047. I saw it in February in LV. It has no chassis tag. It does have parts marked 1047, but as the racingicons page notes, parts got swapped around from time to time, so that wouldn't be enough to definitively identify it...

Keith

So, we could end up with (incredulous face on) THREE 1047's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
As I recall 1047's tag ended up on a spare tub
George Stauffer built up and was selling a few years ago.

MikeD

[/ QUOTE ]

George Stauffer was always very up front about his Tennant-chassis Mk II in calling it "1047B" to ensure that no one thought that it was the original 1047. So, I don't think there will be any issue about there being three 1047s in the future, or even two, as the Racing Icons web site seems to settle pretty clearly that the Collier Museum car is 1031, leaving the Finish Line car as the only 1047.

Johan, Isn't Fran Kress's MKIIB a 1047 chassis also? He just sold it to someone in Japan, Here we go again, another MKIIB in Japan.

Back