Many Thanks To Ian Anderson

Many thanks to Ian Anderson who graciouly took pictures of how his headlamps are retained. I have the same Valeo/Cibie headlamp and was in a quandry on how to hold them in. His idea is ingenious and simple.

Thanks for the great help Ian /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bill D

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Bill,

Nice info from Ian, would you like to enlighten the masses (me!) and maybe put this in the Exterior/Trim forum? I'm sure there are GT40 folks around that could benefit and maybe I can in the future. Best,

Ron

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill
You give me too much credit - All Paul's design and work - took about 2 hours start to finish - yes not the prettiest job but it certailnly appears that it will work.

I took masive resolution macro pictures for Bill and too big to post here but will spend some time in the next few days to shrink to fit! But I am not sure how clear they will be

Thanks for the compliment

Ian

Just one question Ian on the button head screw. Is the piece of aluminum tapped so that the button head screw holds the corner of the light tight?

Thanks again
Bill D

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill

No
There is a spring required (not yet fitted)

So it will be light unit, spring, aluminium bracket then the nut thus allowing initial adjustment to be made before adjusting the normal adjustment screws to tighten the whole operation up.

Without the sprint the unit would be solid and not allow any adjustment without cracking the lens.(Diagonals would be hard mounted and not allow any movement other than on around the 30degree (Approx) pivot between these 2 points)

Hopefully clearer now

Regards
Ian

Perfectly clear. Again, many thanks as I was thinking I was going to have to have something exotic fabricated.

Bill D

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Ok - more thought process here now.

On that corner if the bolt had a nut on the other side of the light unit that allowed the bolt to turn.(ie did not clamp hard on the light unit) It could then go through a Rivnut or similar on the bit of aluminium bonded to the body to allow the adjustment without the spring. (Does anyone make a rivnut with a locking / nylock bit to avoid it unscrewing? (Perhaps a locknut after the lens is correctly positioned)

Not as we / Paul initially designed but quire workable

Ian

Back