stripes

Hi Syed2,

I am not sure if example pictures of stripes will help or not but here are a few of my car. The top stripes are painted on and the side rocker panel stripes are vinyl.

Last edited:
Note that the outside width of the stripes have been set to exactly match the width of the oval vent plate on the rear clip (18 inches).

Attachments

• 80190-TwinTopStripes-4.JPG
    80190-TwinTopStripes-4.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 304
Likewise the space between the stripes has set to match the nose width of the NACA duct just in front of the windshield (3/4 inch).

Attachments

• 80191-TwinTopStripes-5.JPG
    80191-TwinTopStripes-5.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 299
Note that as the stripe dips off into the nostril, the side of the stripe continues to appear straight and square. This is an optical trick. To make the stripe appear straight, the side line was actually angled to compensate for the compound surfaces of the car.

Last edited:
Finally here is a picture of another car with two main wide stripes and two additional side accent stripes. This style goes good with the original rocker panel stripe design. On this car, the side of the stripe is a taped straight line as it goes down into the nostril.

Good luck with your car and let us see how it turns out when you are done.

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Bob. Your car looks fantastic!.Now I have to decide on the colour of stripes; white or silver. My CAV is also blue.
By the way I noticed that you have an oval Ford air filter. I had been thinking of installing a round K&N filter, but if fit is not a problem then I would rather usean oval filter. Can you supply me the part number for your air filter?.

Hi again Syed2,

The additional stripe and air cleaner information you want is in the following GT40s forum thread:

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat...=true#Post59787

Note the comments that the oval air filter will not fit a standard configuration Getrag transmission car because the engine is higher than on a ZF equipped car and the filter will not clear the rear window.

As for the color details, my car is Guardsman Blue and the second car is Lemans Blue. Both cars have the stripes painted in BMW Titanium Silver. Here are some of the paint colors I considered

Last edited:
Back