hey everyone.... i have been on here i guess about a month now, and i figured i would introduce myself...

i recently purchased a valkyrie, titled as a 1967 gt40. It has a chevy 283, originaly 5 speed zf transaxle, airhart brakes.. i purchased the car through ebay, drove to south carolina to haul it back to maryland. At first i thought i made a mistake in my purchase, untill the trip home when i had over 20 people literally taking pictures of it as we were driving 75 miles an hour on the way home..

if anyone knows the previous owner of this car, i'd love to talk to them!..

most of the car's systems have been dismantled, it was probably more for show than a usable car. the radiator was cobbled in, i have no idea what the gas tank is out of.. perhaps a beetle? go cart steering wheel.. ( the tilt feature of this im sure was not planned. ( i have found that a jeep YJ column with tilt works great with a little bit of shortening.. wiring was mostly speaker wire..

well.. i suppose that about sums it up..

i look forward to the first drive in the car... before im 50.. ( im 37 now ).

have a great day everyone

dave

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Dave. You won't find a better source of information than here at gt40s.com. I well remember the Fiberfab Valkyrie--I saw one in Denver back in the late 60's outfitted much as you descirbe. The vision of that motor sitting there under that back window is still vivid in my mind.

I passed on a Valkyrie about a year ago. It looked good, but mechanically it was a mess. The SBC motor looked good on the outside but had not been started in 10 years and the transaxle was some sort of Chrysler 727 automatic. It had no side windows. The owner wanted $10K and his answer to the window problem was to drive it fast so that rain had no chance to get in the car.

From one newly registered member to another--learn to use the search function. This site has been here for 4 or 5 years and there seems to be much information archived that you won't see in the forum threads. Many of you questions will have already been answered, but considering the unique nature of this project I am sure you will have many unique issues, so when you can't find the answer you need just post a Q in the appropriate section and the answers will pour in. Already I have avoided making two pretty costly mistakes through getting advice from the members.

Welcome--we'll look forward to hearing more from you as your project proceeds. Don't forget to post pictures!

Hello Dave

welcome to the forum, i am also a newbie and have had a lot of good informations from
this forum, i was looking for a GT40 for about a year, and found one that was right for me
on this forum.

Welcome from

Per Clausen , Denmark

KVA GT40 "C" chassis 302" engine

Back