Targa Tasmania 2006

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Its on again, Starts in george town on tuesday for a quick run through the shopping centre. Special stages start on Wednesday 25th and finishes Sunday 30th in Hobart. A list of competitors can be found at http://www.targa.org.au/Targa/downloads/Category,%20Class%20and%20Spec.pdf. The home page is www.targa.org.au.

Car no 477 which caused some controversy last year is in again but its true history is now known and running under "app K faithful reproduction". The organisers have penalised the car by putting it in a modified class and above its capacity.

I could not say no to another bash in a great car. We wont figure in the results but we will have a lot of fun.

If any members are in town and would like to have a look at the car give me a call 0428 22 55 21

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Good luck Trev.,aim to finish and say Hi to a few Queenslanders for me
215,450,456(vic),507,544,826,894,907,950 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Targa

Day Zero the prologue around the streets of georgetown, normally a 3 miniute exercise. The purpose of this is to set the starting order for the following day, slowest to the front with 30 second intervals. TB driving promptly spun on the second corner, result 4 minute time. Start order No 17.

For the first three days all went well, car very slippery, an evening chat with the pirelli guy on day two we find out that the tyres were 6 years old!! Purchased new for targa 05. There is some sharks around in the tyre industry.
Day four with JP driving,a hole in road breaks rear LH shock mount, a late night session repairs wishbone, no time for wheel alignment. Day 5 with TB driving several "road side wheel alignments" sees improved handling then RH rear lower wishbone breaks. Car runs off road and sideways into grassy bank, then down a slope and comes to rest against a tree. Fortunately the bank wiped off most of the speed. Not a lot of damage to car but a severely bent radiator meant we could go no further. An hour earlier I was circulating on Symonds plains track at around 140MPH!!!

This is a tough event and not suited to a GT40. But we had some good times.

Attachments

• Targa 1.jpg
    Targa 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 407

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Prologue

Day one, tricky little left right through a dip

Attachments

• Targa 3.jpg
    Targa 3.jpg