GTD on ebay.au

GTD? sure doesn't look like any GTD I know of, but it does sure resemble a couple of KVA's I know. At 89K Aus Dollars, thats 66K USD, or 37K GBP, a bit steep if you ask me.

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi guys,

We're pretty starved of GT40's in NZ for side by side comparisons. I've seen several references to differences between different manufacturers. I am curious what they are. Would anyone care to educate me on the major differences?/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Regards

You'd have to define "major" differences.
Each maker KVA, GTD, Tornado, DRB, RF, etc etc etc
had their own body molds and chassis jigs.

I would venture that 99% of auto enthusiasts couldn't
tell any of the above apart from another without help.

MikeD

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
You'd have to define "major" differences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything that gives rise to comments like this

[ QUOTE ]

GTD? sure doesn't look like any GTD I know of, but it does sure resemble a couple of KVA's I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must be something pretty obvious from photos, obviously not an airscoop 5mm out of place etc. Or was Chris only referring to the chassis details. I was mainly interested in body differences.

Regards

if i look at my kva and at a gtd the most eyecatching difference is the wheelarch at the front
at the kva in front of the wheel the arch goes downwards following the tyre as by the gtd the gap between the tyre and the arch get wider at the bottom the arch bends more towards the nose

i dion't know if this is with all of the gtd but it is by the ones i've seen

Frank

Howard Jones

Supporter
Go back to the eBay posting and scroll down to the other pictures reference. Have a look at the engine room pictures there. 022 is the best.

The rear suspension pick up points and chassis cross brace between the top shock mounts are not what you find on a GTD.

There are several other things in these pictures such as fuel pump and their hardware, rear chassis gearbox braces and mounts, and the shape of the rear chassis frame rails that angle inward towards the top shock mount.

If you look under the front clip (032) you will see water lines down the center, lack of duel servos, and generally a different layout from a GTD.

Some one will recognize the chassis type from this picture.

gtd40 in nsw (ebay)

i am actually considering buy this car not for that price ,or should i consider something else...
does anyone in australia have one they are willing to part with, will also buy a non finished car also.....thanks glenn

Glenn Mac

Lifetime Supporter
GTD on eby.au

Finally got around to posting on the forum after joining about 2004. Have "lived" through the Ozzie rego dramas of several members and the RF debacal.

Thought this car might have been a "once in a lifetime" kind of deal, but the conflicting info regarding it's pedigree put me off. After reading KVA / GTD info I was more inclined to think the car resembles a CAV; not the bodywork so much as the rear mechanicals.

In the end, the car appears to be sold, even if ebay shows the sell price as $889,000.

I look forward to seeing the car around Sydney,

Regards to all,

Glenn (a different Glenn to Muggle).

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Basic question here from a newbie: is a KAV considered to be one of the better mfg's of replica GT40s? Or, not so good?

If not so good, possible to share a couple data points on why not so good?

Thanks in advance.

After hearing from a number of people that a "real" GT40 was in town, I had to have a look for myself. After asking the owner some questions he admitted that it's a GTD? and that he bougt it from the US to try to make some money. He themn tried to sell it to me for $95k. I kindly declined. With the 37 original miles that is quoted, yes the speedo does show 37miles, but the wear and tear on the car tell another story. The finish is not the best as the doors scrape the roof when opened and closed and the interior leaves room for improvement. I hope the new owner is happy with his new to and hope to see him cruising the streets of Syndey.

Back