New guy looking for a build project

New guy here searching for the next build project. I recently finished a Kirkham 427 roadster and have the itch to build another car. Considering GT40 if I can find one that I can fit in and drive. Looking at some other cars as well.
I won't bore you with all the details but the basics are: I work in computer security field for a software company as a sales engineer, been a car nut since I was a kid and favor cars of the 60's vintage. Not a diehard Chevy, Ford or Chrysler guy I like them all.
I'll save the stupid questions for the search function.

Scott

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome aboard, Scott. There is a wealth of information here on this forum and, like you said, the search function is the way to open the door to all that knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask questions, though--I'm relatively new to the forum and already the guys here have helped me avoid a couple of pretty costly mistakes. The people here are always willing to help.

GT40's are pretty small, for the most part, but I notice one of the builders in the Manufacturer's forum represents his as being able to accommodate pretty large individuals. Check out the RCR models. RCR has a manufacturers forum here on gt40's.com.

Good luck. BTW--those Kirkhams are nice cars. After I realize this lifetime dream (owning and driving a GT40 replica), my next project will be a 289 FIA model. I notice Kirkham offers the FIA body on a 427SC chassis--sounds like a good combo!

Thanks.
I talked to RCR yesterday. They are probably the only way I'm going to get into a GT.
Yes the Kirkham 289 Hybrid is a pretty sweet setup.

Scott

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Scott,

I know this is a GT40 forum, But I saw a Lola T70 spyder at Fran's shop that Yao Ming could fit into.

Regards,

Al

Back