Permission Issues

Ron Earp

Admin
A user brought it to my attention that there are some permission issues, specifically with the Manufacturer and Company Announcements forum and the Cars For Sale forum (as well as the banner forum, which is only open to me currently).

All of these forums are restricted to forum supporters (banners only to admins) for obvious reasons stated on the forum elsewhere, but some non-supporters have been able to post in them and they should not be able to do so. Conversely, some forum supporters have had trouble posting in those forums when they should be able to do so.

I have found through trial and error that reseting the forum itself seems to fix the problem, as well as restarting the user database, but I have not been able to find out what causes it at the moment - nor am I likely to spend a lot of time doing so. I know I've threatened forum upgrades around here for over a year, but it is really in the works and will happen after I return from family vacation. I'm hoping some new, modern, and not "pieced together" software will add a lot of functionality and fix some of these issues associated with persmissions, membership, attachements, and the emailer system.

If you see anything that is off or odd please let me know so that I might have a look. Thanks,

Ron

Back