Search Engine Problems

I've often had difficulty getting the search engine to return meaningful results. I had hoped that the switch to the UBB forum software would fix this problem, because I use the search function effectively on other UBB forums. I was disappointed that there are still problems, so I wanted to bring them to your attention, Ron, or anybody who can help.

I know I started a thread a few years ago where we discussed the Ford Motorcraft logo, and there were even a couple posts from a guy whose father had designed the original Motorcraft logo (which remains my avatar after 4.5 years on the forum) and he even specified the font that was used on the sill lettering on the original racecars. So I tried the search function, using key words "font" and "Motorcraft" and no results were found. I tried both quick search and advanced search, and set the search up so that it definitely should've found the thread. Now I KNOW this information is out there, so I manually looked through the All GT40 forum until I found the thread in question, and it's still there:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9857

So I can only conclude that there's something wrong with the search engine. Is it not indexed to older posts? Is it only on my computer? I don't know, but I'd love to see it fixed, as there is a lot of good information out there.

Ron Earp

Admin
Serach index not even indexed on this brand new site. Suprised it even got one hit. It is on the list, patience grasshopper! :p

Ron Earp

Admin
Try it now. The search engine really seems to do a good job now. Took 2 hours to rebuild the database, but it looks like it is doing the part!

Ron

Back