New GT40s.com logo

I assume Al is responsible for this. :)

I am simply in awe of how great that logo looks. Absolutely first class, and conveys a wonderful image of a global community in love with a very special car.

You know, as soon as I wrote that, I thought of one small possible improvement to the logo, and I hope I don't sound like an unappreciative ass for making the suggestion. How would it look if the microgramma medium extended font was used, to give it the same look as the lettering on the sills of the original race cars?

Excellent job!

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Mark,

I think that's a great idea. I was wondering what the correct font family was when I was working on it.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Al

Another opinion

Mark Worthington said:
How would it look if the microgramma medium extended font was used, to give it the same look as the lettering on the sills of the original race cars?

Given that the new logo design is similar to the design of the steering wheel center, it should be in the font of the "GT40" in the steering wheel center.

You can see a picture of one at: http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15355

(Regardless, I like the new logo)

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
The similarity to the steering wheel logo is purely coincidental. Ron gave me a strict directive: "Do anything you like as long as it looks like a Pepsi logo when you're done".

Attachments

• images-1.jpg
    images-1.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 370

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
The new logo looks way cool! I'm glad to see that the suggestion that the font match that on the GT40 steering wheel horn button was taken seriously, too. Great connection.

Here's a suggestion from a newbie--many lurkers who are considering registering as a member do not know the difference betwee a MK I, MK II, MK II, MK IV, Gulf, Mirage, J-car and Lola. How about working some sort of magic so that we could click on the names of the models listed to the right of the new logo and get a view of each model, perhaps even with a description of the usual mechanical features and their racing/street heritages. There are frequent mentions of different models in the forum and has even been a recent poll asking which was the "ugliest" GT40 (as if there were even an ugly one).

Just a suggestion..........

YerDugliness said:
Here's a suggestion from a newbie--many lurkers who are considering registering as a member do not know the difference betwee a MK I, MK II, MK II, MK IV, Gulf, Mirage, J-car and Lola.
It's not just the newbies.

How about working some sort of magic so that we could click on the names of the models listed to the right of the new logo and get a view of each model, perhaps even with a description of the usual mechanical features and their racing/street heritages.
I like that suggestion.

Howard Jones

Supporter
How about a rotating earth beneath the logo? It's not like you have anything else to do......right. Great job on the new forum.

Back