Hanging A Dash

As I have mentioned before I subscribe to the Hot Rodder's bulletin board. I'm always looking for ideas, and you will find them in places you never imagined. These guys are always comming up with ideas because they have to inovate, fabricate, and improvise. One of their ideas and implementation was the building of a TIG welder from a 140 amp alternator. It was introduced with a few pics in the current newsletter with details on construction to follow. I mention this just to give an idea of the out of the box thinking these guys do.
Anyway, in this article they have a link to a guy who is building/built a 33 Ford outlaw coupe entirely on the web with all outcomes good and bad. The idea I am eluding to is the fact that when building a dash, it has to be put in and taken out many times prior to completion. This guy came up with a novel idea for doing just that.His solution was stolen from one of his buddies he comunicates with. Check this out and feel free to wander through his build journal. You will be surprised at the little things you will pick up.
web page

Bill

Happy new year Bill /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif and thanks for the link to 'project33.com' - some very nice work being done there and great to see how informative the website is...

Thanks.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Way cool idea--thanks for passing it on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back