headlight mounts

I believe the headlight mounting rings are those of the vauxhall viva hc ,can any one confirm this ,or even send a photo of the item.

a second question about the wiring looms,The front fan acessory loom has the hand brake warning cable (yellow and White) it also has the tail brake terminal y/w with a micro connector,where does it go is it straight to the fuse box/relay loom somhow?

Hi Huw,
The yellow wire with the micro connector i connected to one side of the brake fluid level switch in the brake master cylinder filler cap, and earthed the other side of the switch. a brake fluid level switch is an sva requirement.( i used a remote resiviour from Car Builder Soloutions, with a level switch as the rf supplyed one was switchless).
jerry

here's an attemp to send a photo of the head light mounts

Attachments

• Headlight surround2.jpg
    Headlight surround2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Yes that looks pretty close to the Vauxhall Viva ones. (Some of the Viva mounting brackets removed)

I believe they are also used on a anderson Bus (more useless information)

They are available from the Vauxhall viva club for about £36 for a pair if memory serves me right.

By the way the Valeo light does not fit this mountng - best check if you have the correct light / lens for the bracket

Ian

Last edited:
one thing to note , RF supplied 2 different headlight designs

There were two different headlights and headlight brackets surround mounts supplied by Rf in the kits. the concave type lights and the other flat type.They sent what ever they had on hand I guess. Each had its own mounting sheetmetal. I have the non concave lights and I know Dan M has the concave type. FYI

thanks all ,have ordered vauxhall viva mounts,have the concave lights ,sure I can alter them if need be but my local garage seems to think they are viva.
Should be on body work soon so #118 is well on its way.still struggling to source dimmer switch and ac on off switch

right have got the viva rings but dont fit my lights so need some one to tell me what rings the concave lights fit to,or if possible a photo of the concave light mounting rings. he ones shown in th text above are definitely viva hc rings

Have been to MDA who have mounting rings to fit the concave lights at 105 UK pounds however, these will have to be attacked with a jig saw to get them into the space required, the light area of the mda was much larger than in my rf!!

Ron McCall

Supporter
HUW PEPLOW said:
Have been to MDA who have mounting rings to fit the concave lights at 105 UK pounds however, these will have to be attacked with a jig saw to get them into the space required, the light area of the mda was much larger than in my rf!!

The car that MDA has on display at Carlisle has no headlights in it.Just holes.

finally have taken simple route by using viva hc headlights and viva mounts .
These allow plenty of room for adjustment and easy fixing.
These parts are also readily available from the viva club.
useless fact ,but over 2000 hc headlights are assembled each month and shipped abroad as most south american and a lot of uk buses still use them. The mounting rings are made in turkey still

dimmer

Dash light dimmer(I presume)

toyota camry or corolla late 80s sv21 camry
ae82 ae92 corolla very nice dimmer(small knob & screen printed)

For some reason a lot of owners did not get all the a/cond parts that they ordered.
There is no on off switch.
You have 2 rotary switches.
1 is off - 1 - 2 - 3 fan speed .
The other is thermostat switch to set the temp on the air.
And the wiring diagram doesnt come with it.
If you need that I can draw you a picture.
Any air cond repairer will have them.
Look in an a/cond catalogue they are in there.
If you get stuck I can give you part #s

Jim C

thanks jim just those 2 items to get on the dash and its finished. there is an illuminated switch labled on my loom as a/c on off will source that from ac catalogue.
the thermostat switch has a long metal tube , is the sensor right at the end of this ,if so the switch can be dash mounted as it will reach the centre of the matrix with ease

Back