RCR Visit

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Here are some photos that I took while up for a very quick visit to meet Fran up at the RCR facilities.

After getting back I realized that I didn't take enough photos as I spent more of the time chatting and looking at the works in the RCR shop.

Sorry Al, only got a couple of your car, but it is looking good.

In looking at the fabrication quality, I can say that it is second to none. The welding and the fabricated parts that I saw were all fantastic. If anyone has a doubt of Fran's passion for his craft, you will need only a few minutes in the shop to apreciate how hard he works to make it right!

The comment I would make for me of what I see going on at RCR is artistry through engineering. That is the main reason that I went with Fran and the RCR-40, took a chance and I think it will pay off big time!

I have full sized photos that I can email if anyone needs them.

Sandy

Last edited:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Photo 1

RCR-40's in the works front suspension

Attachments

• AlGT_01.jpg
    AlGT_01.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 743

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Photo 2

This is AL's car. Fran put a seat in it to see how it looks. And nice it does!

Attachments

• AlGT_02.jpg
    AlGT_02.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 758

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Photo 3

Footwell of one of the RCR40. Visible at the back are the nice brake lines and the residual valves. Not forgetting to mention the Rack and Pinion and very nice u-joint style coupler to the rack.

Attachments

• GTFootwell.jpg
    GTFootwell.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 750

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Photo 4 and 5

This is a couple of shots of my Front Clip at the paint shop in Gulf Baby Blue of course!

Attachments

• Gt40Snout.jpg
    Gt40Snout.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 728
  • GT40Snout2.jpg
    GT40Snout2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 741

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Photo 6 and 7

Rear Clip

Attachments

• GT40RearClip.jpg
    GT40RearClip.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 742
  • GT40RearClip2.jpg
    GT40RearClip2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 732

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Here are various of the beloved Lola, it was too rainy out to take it for a test drive, but it looks scary fast.

Attachments

• Lola_01.jpg
    Lola_01.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 753
  • Lola_02.jpg
    Lola_02.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 766
  • Lola_03.jpg
    Lola_03.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 733
  • Lola_04.jpg
    Lola_04.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 735
  • Lola_Rear.jpg
    Lola_Rear.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 758

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Sandy,

I hope you had a good, if short visit. Even a single photo is more than I ever got of my RF, so thanks very much - it is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Al

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Al,

I got so side tracked looking at 'stuff' that I really forgot to take loads of pictures as planned. It was a quick trip but definitly worth while. Your car looks like it is coming along nicely. Lot's of cool stuff going on at the shop. I didn't get a peep of the Prototype-Car but most everthing else I saw was awsome. It was a nice rainy day in Fraser and well worth the red eye flight!

Sandy

Ron McCall

Supporter
That's the worst part about going to Fran's shop.There is WAY too much cool s#1t to look at!
Your car is looking amazing! Did you get to see your chassis?
Any pictures?
If you have any more pictures, PLEASE post them.

I got about 95% of the work I need to do before Carlisle done this weekend.
I will try to post some updated pictures tomorrow night.
Are you going to make it to Carlisle?

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron -

The Chassis with the spider was wrapped up with masking paper at the body shop, so didn't get to look too much at. The sad motor and trans is sitting on a pallet just waiting to get back to its home :)

I didn't take too many pic's, just was too wound up and tired to remember to keep taking pictures! Fran was under a lot of pressure as well, it was his wife's birthday, and the next day was mothers day. I am lucky he got to leave the house to meet me!

BTW the build of your car is looking awsome, the paint and wheel color scheme is way cool not the same old Gulf scheme that I'm going for.

Look forward to some pics from the show when you get a bunch of jaw dropping from the lookie-looos!

Sandy

Ron Earp

Admin
Thanks for that Sandy, excellent! I'm suprised Fran got to leave at all - Bday and Mother's Day in one weekend makes for long Honey Do lists!

Sandy thanks for the pics, it is a candy store is it not?

I will be at Carlisle (not saying you will be) although I am not sure which days, hope I bump into some of you there.

Interesting shot of the red spyder, that looks like (if it is) the Can-Am Exotics car that I went to check out some years ago near Chicago, if they had been ready to build that car at the time I probably would have one now. The guy seemed to be doing it sort'a more as a hobby/sport than a business (?)

I didnt get to drive it either as it has just busted the Audi tranny at the time.

Fran's cars and just as importantly his ability to actually deliver a top grade product are very reassuring, huh?.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Yep Ron, I think Fran was in a spot of hot water, but I think he work some magic... It was tough for me to get the green light for the trip as I was up against the mothers day ritual as well ;)

The place is full of cool stuff. Worth the short trip just to see all the bits that makes the RCR a really nice car.

As mentioned I didn't get to see the prototype car, but the art work I saw makes it look very nice, and the chassis looks good as well. Fran had a nice Ecotech superchard GM4 banger that looks like a very nice propulsion package. Yes, I'll take one but I don't think I can swing that by my wife even with the box of airport mothers day candy I brought home :)

Sandy

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Rob....
indeed the Lola was a Can Am exotic car but came to us to be modified by the new owner.....

RCR now owns the original Heritage molds from the UK and Ron Earp is taking delivery of the first aluminum monocoque spider in a few weeks.....

Too bad you didnt drive this thing it is seriously quick.....all the Audi trans issues have been remedied and it has performed flawlessly for the past season and a half of WOT track driving....

Back