Will another adaptor plate/bellhousing fit?

I know this subject has been discussed before, but it still isn't quite clear to me. I have a GTD with the standard marine engine, mated through the GTD adaptor plate to a Renault box. I ordered a new engine and I like to retain the newly supplied flywheel, to avoid the balancing issue.
The question is will an adaptor plate or different bellhousing from Mach1 or Tornado/GTO be a straight fit in relation to the chassis?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gerard

Yes it will and you will love it too! You will also need an input shaft for the 10 spline Ford flywheel if you don't already have one. The beauty of the Tornado bellhouse is that you will have lots of off the shelf choices for flywheels, clutches, and starters.

Should be ok but bear in mind that the Mach1/ Tornado items are quite bulky around the bottom and only just clear the chasis member below (On my car anyway) I know that if a GTD has a lowered engine this is a problem. Not sure if you could just take your grinder to the lower part as it only encases the flywheel - I don't think it is structural, as the engine only bolts to the top half.

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
bellhousing

Gerard

Our bellhousing is a straight fit into the GTD and is supplied complete with a new 10 spline input shaft for the box.

Thanks

Andy

Back