My Name is Small, Why? Or, How to Set Display Name

Ron Earp

Admin
One of the things that we recently got working on the forum was setting your display name. For awhile the forum would only show your login name, and I received more "hate mail" over that than any other thing on the new forum layout.

Now that we've got the display name working I notice that not everyone is using it, including some of the folks that complained about it.

Have a look at the screenshot - notice that Chris's name is large and in blue, while Malcolm's name is not. The forum is displaying a "Display Name" for Chris, but Malcolm has not set one so the forum is displaying Malcolm's login name by default.

So, if you want to have your name large like most of the folks on the forum take a few minutes to click on "User CP", just above this thread in the toolbar. Once there click "Edit Profile" and add a Public Name for yourself - this is the name that the forum will display in large blue letters with each of your posts. Choose something close to your real name since it is much easier to communicate with John B. or Carl C. than USAGT40 or RaceZone.

And, while you are there, why not take a little time and fill out some of the other items there like Location, Interests, etc.? It helps to know where in the world you are as a poster for future interactions. Worried about car theft? Lie about your city, don't put it there, or use only your first name, last name, or abbrevations for some items.

Hope some folks will take the time to use the public Display Name feature.

Best,
Ron

Attachments

• names.jpg
    names.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Back