Morse cables

For those of you using cables for your shifter, I have a question or two. Most if not all are probably using Morse cables. Which size are you using, the 33 or the 43. Both are for shifter aplication but the 43 seems to be a little stouter. The 33 is often used for throtle aplications. The threads are a little different with the 33, using 10-32, and the 43, using 1/4-28 indicating the 43 is thicker. Also, do you use bulkhead ends to secure them or is the clamp good enough? The area where the clamp would go seems to be indented for good grip. The price difference is pretty significant. Thanks in advance.

Bill

Bill, I used the 43 series cables and am happy with them. They are stiffer and a little harder to route but the shifting is positive with no slop.

Simon

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

Either cable would work OK. I wasn't happy with my first setup which used 43s. I went to 33's a bulkhead nut on each end as they were a bit more flexible I purchased them from TCI transmissions. I made a bracket that bolts just ahead of the shifter and another that bolts to the trans. 43s are shown below. Just be sure both ends are solidly mounted.

May06_011.jpg

Back