67.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • DSCF0544 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0544 (Small).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,286
  • DSCF0550 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0550 (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,060
RCR GT40 - The Next Generation

Simply impressive, what else needs to be said...

Just wondering why the rods holding the rear air duct are rose jointed?

Best,

Marcus

Marcus,
hows the new house???...better be nice as its not a very good excuse for being without a GT40 for much longer......smile

The rose joints allow the whole rear tray to be adjusted....this aids in the unbody aerodynamics at 200mph plus..........just kidding.....actually this aids in the final "dial in" of the tail fit and lends a continuity of design to the rear of the car....

Rcr Gt40 - Tng

Hah, house is progressing well.
Best of all, since there also is a stable attached to the roomy garage, it altogether makes a wonderful workshop for a Ford-powered US-sportscar...

Brillant ingenious idea to make the rear bottom adjustable.

That adjustable rear tray is really nice, Fran, although the purists must be apalled. I imagine there certainly is some aero benefit to the piece as well. If I were building a RCR, I'd fab up some longitudinal strakes for the bottom of it and make it a proper diffuser.

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark Worthington said:
That adjustable rear tray is really nice, Fran, although the purists must be apalled.

Might be, but it is the same as any of the myriad of other non-purists items we see on replicas - audi boxes, non-original body shapes, space frame chassis, uprights, brakes, suspension, etc. and the list goes on.

I like it - does the Lola have the same?

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Mark Worthington said:
That adjustable rear tray is really nice, Fran, although the purists must be apalled. I imagine

It is a very nice addition, it looked very good when I saw it in person (I said I want one!). From an discussing it from an authentic standpoint, I'm not sure that has any value at all. Aesthetically it is another nice difference that that differentiates the RCR40 from some of the other cars.

Fran - Nice roll bar, I like this design better the the elaborate curvy ones that some cars have (Not a ding on the curvy, I just like the squareness). Keep up the excellent work!

Sandy

fran,
that adjustable rear tray looks very interesting! the heck with the purist, i'd rather be stable at 200 mph. put the yellow body on it and send it to me...
just a thought
wes

Keith

As a matter of interest Fran, how is the roll cage load distributed through the tub where it's "feet" attach?

Not wishing you to give away any design secrets though....;)

RCR new and improved website

Besides the P4 turnkey looking gorgeous, and I did see it and photograph same at Carlisle, I checked out the updated RCR website. Boy, am I proud, Fran used a couple of my pictures of the P car. My brother would love that ,he's the professional photog. Thank you, and you're welcome. Never been "published" before. Love the new rollcage too. Keep up the good work.

Keith....84 deg today

Bruce...hope you dont mind...
we have been too busy since Carlisle to have time to any photo shoots so I "borrowed" yours

No prob

I'm not bothered at all. In fact it's quite "flattering". I figure take enough pictures and despite all my limitations, a few will come out pretty decent. And with the recent "improvements" to your GT40, I'd have to say you still rate at the top of the kit charts with me. Remember, I got to see things in person at Carlisle, and I am NOT one to be easily impressed. I can only hope I'll be able to put my name on a list sometime in the future.

Looking at the pictures on your site (having never seen a car in person)...
Is that a full cage, or is the front hoop standard?

Back