PANTERA'S and ZF transaxles on EABY!!!

There is a rolled but driveline inatct 74 Pantera on ebay, No REserve 0 bids with less than a day left, start price $9000. IT's worth it for an entire driveline for a GT40, all ford too!!!

Someone better buy it from here and put it to good use. I would if I had the $$$. But it's still a deal. Bid on it and it looks like with less than a day left you'll get it for less than $10k.

Item link >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4646741063&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

There is also a guy on there that claims to have 3 zf trans from low mileage good condition cars. His "BUY IT NOW' only option is set a $7500. He will list them one at a time and is not talking any offers.

Item Link >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=4646676681&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

Later gents.

Keith

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle:eek: .

The ZF guy we all know only too well!

Hmm, that might keep the bidding down from some GT40's.com members just a tad. rockonsmile

Not that there's probably anything wrong at all with the hardware...

far from it.

Keith1 said:
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle:eek: .

The ZF guy we all know only too well!

Hmm, that might keep the bidding down from some GT40's.com members just a tad. rockonsmile

Not that there's probably anything wrong at all with the hardware...

far from it.

So being a newbie to the Forum, what's the scoop on the "ZF" guy. For current and future reference.

I have the same question!

Who is the ZF guy and why do you all know him so well?

Bad business practices?

while we're talking business, I do presure washing and detailing, so if anyone in the Front Range Colorado area, needs some detailing or a wash and wax/ buff hit me up. Will trade work for interesting stories of past projects and helpful hints on midengine car building!

Peace

The ZF guy is, unfortunately, the first and only forum member to ever get
banned.

Don't let that sway you though, I am sure he is very honest businessman,
and I am sure the transaxles are rebuilt correctly. And if not, I am sure he
will make things right. He was just a very inflammatory individual here, and
rubbed many people the wrong way.

Ian

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
So how does that work? Oliver's trans with a buy it now of $7500 sold for a best offer of $8000 ???????

Surprised nobody bid on the Pantera

I was tempted,but the wallet won this one.I bet if you parted out this car you could have had a trans & engine very cheap.

Keith

Russ,

"You can also add the Best Offer feature to your Fixed Price listing. Best Offer allows buyers to suggest a price they are willing to pay for an item, and can be used with any listing that is not an auction-style listing. Best Offer is valuable if you selected Fixed Price to avoid low bids, but you are also willing to accept a little less money for your item. Potential buyers may submit only one Best Offer for an item, so you may receive offers close to your Fixed Price."

From the 'orses mouth so to speak old bean....

Presumably a higher than asked for bid effectively locks out the competition, especially if there's only 1 relatively rare item as in this case.

Of course, the commission is a little higher...;)

Last edited:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
But surely Keith if you click on "Buy it Now" @ $7500 then it's yours. At that stage there is no competition because you've just bought it?

I remember Oliver bidding on a ZF with a "Buy it Now" $7200. When it got up around $6000 the guy he was bidding against went for the "Buy it Now" and Ollie The Great missed out.

Sorry I'm still confused, or maybe just thick!!

Unless maybe the guy had been in contact with him and the 8k was a negotiated price to include the bellhousing that he had available seperately?

Regards

Keith

No, I think that the eventual buyer probably bid $8K straight off the bat as his "best offer" effectively locking out the opposition and ensuring that his was the best offer, 'cos nobody in their right mind would offer more than the asking, would they? Of course, there may be a bit of jiggery pokery here and a phone call or two. You're right it's a bit odd.

This facility is supposed to help those sellers who may have pitched their buy-it-now price possibly a bit high and allows for buyers to register their interest at a lower bid. What's happened here is probably within the rules as they stand at the moment but an abuse of spirit of the rules. But, we'll never know now will we!!! ;)

I have bid lower than the buy-it-now price and have won the item for a lot lesss. It's worth a go.

rockonsmile

Back