Hewland
Porsche G50
Audi 016
Audi 01E
Audi other
Renault UN1
Renault UN5
Other
Interested to know your choice of trans eg :- price, availability, HP rated ?,ease of adaption, ratios, etc etc and what type of "others" are there

Last edited:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Others?

I would say you missed two of the strongest trans. 930 and T44. Each at opposite ends of the cost scale. In my opinion these are equally second strongest after the LG600. If I had unlimited finances I would definitely go LG600 for all the obvious reasons. However my build is definitely a "bang for bucks" exercise and the 930 wins hands down. And there is scope to upgrade the 930 to a custom ratio dog box at a (relatively) reasonable cost later on.

Regards

I voted Hewland for my LG600 Mark II, here is a picture of it with the suspension bolted to it (this is just a prototye).

Attachments

• Transaxle and rear suspension 001.jpg
    Transaxle and rear suspension 001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,216

Ron Earp

Admin
Nice! Sorry flatchat, I did an experiment to see if I could "fix" the poll based on the questioned posed, and I could! Very nice software. Essentially I added the 930, deducted Russ's vote, and added to the 930. Also pulled the 01X vote from other and added to 01E since I think that is the family it is from.

Ron

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Thanks Ron ,guys ( what a challenge--first pics, now polls)
Supportive pictures of the various set ups is good-- 'specially Richards and this G50

Attachments

• Winds & G50.jpg
    Winds & G50.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,125

Ron Earp

Admin
I think the Renaults have to come from the UK with the GTDs there. Dang sure isn't the US, have to import them here. I'm suprised at the large number of ZFs being used, ought to be making a dent in the supply!

Ron Earp

Admin
Heck if I know, let me see, might be when Flatchat set it up he had a close date. I'll try and open it.

R

Back