Historic Targa Florio

Driving 0846 through the same ones that Nino and Lorenzo did as the Nuns watch over the raggatsi is not something I'll ever forget. The crowd parted slightly and we were off. The sun poured down and the rain blew over the cockpit and the dirt we collected and the hot oil looked and smelled like the old days...

Veronica and I switched back and forth between 002C and 0846. It's hard to say which exhaust note bouncing off the stone wall sounded better...

Last edited:
Looks like you had a fab time again

I suppose since this is a GT40 forum someone (and its going to be me) ought to ask if there were any on the event ?

Keith

Hey Jim, love the shot of 0846 on the starting ramp - the roof only come up to the lower end of the starters fly!

That's pretty damn low. (If he was a typical Sicilian that is)

Great pics - thanks...rockonsmile

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim,

I think there is a law that says you are having too much fun! It would be real easy to dislike you if you weren't such a good guy!
Rick

Great morning.

Thanks - great way to spend my Saturday morning sipping Illy coffee (Italian of course) and watching the 49th Targa Florio. And my roots are Sicilian. Perfect. :D

MK -IV J6 said:
There was a great MK I road car that the owner drove the piss out of and back and forth from Swisserland.

Best

Stole a couple of Albert's photos - reg plate has seen better days - anyone know which car it is - the plate is not coming up for me ?

Have to say looks like such a fab trip

Attachments

• Targa40dr.JPG
    Targa40dr.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Targa40cr.JPG
    Targa40cr.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 505
josvdp said:
Stole a couple of Albert's photos - reg plate has seen better days - anyone know which car it is - the plate is not coming up for me ?

Have to say looks like such a fab trip

He had a minor bash in the mountains and used some left over J6 racer tape to get going again.

JIM: There is a listing on eBay presently (#8831890491) of an original photo by the noted automotive photographer Geoffrey Goddard of 0846. Thought you might be interested.

Cobraownr said:
JIM: There is a listing on eBay presently (#8831890491) of an original photo by the noted automotive photographer Geoffrey Goddard of 0846. Thought you might be interested.

Hi

Yes. Thanks. 1966 when she was a P3.

Best

Back