Polls

Is there a way that the Polls stay in New post for the lenght of time they are out there? It seems they would disapear from the new postings after one day if no one happens to post on it. Is this what happens, or is there something we can add to the forum so they stay infront of the viewers. It would add credance to the polls. Maybe a section devoted to polls? Just a suggestion.

Bill

Thought about this some more, and thought I would just throw it out there and see if anyone else had any ideas about it. The polls could have a lenght of time say maximum of two weeks, and the poster or originator of the poll could choose a shorter time if they wanted. The poll would stay in the "Todays Post", or "New Post" for that lenght of time. At the end of the expired time it would fall off that forum section, and reside in the Poll Section(if one was made). Don't know if this could happen or not. It would centalize all the polls and make the info easier to find. Might cut down on the newbees asking what kind of transaxel are you using,or which kit are you building. There might be a poll on it.
While I'm at it..... When someone joins, mabe an instant message could be sent to that person welcoming them and asking/requiring them to go to the FAQ section which could have info about the site and how to use it to their benefit, like the polls section to find answers to their questions before throwing them out to the members.
Anyone else got a thought or suggestion along these lines??

Bill

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, we could modify the registration message to include a FAQ, but we'd need a FAQ to read too!

It'd be difficult to have the polls automatically move to a special section once done. Right now the forum front page will select the most active poll and use it to display on the entrance. I do have control to make polls not available but in certain forums, so, it would be possible to make a special forum for polls and they could be started nowhere else.

Ron

Back