Ford 302(347) / Audi 016 adapter needed

Wow that was fast.

I called them, but they wer unable to confirm the 016 is the Audi 5000 gearbox and they only do the Audi 5000.
We don't have the 5000 over here, so I need somebody to confirm this.

Cost might be of interest for others:

Adapter Kit
Flywheel, Adapter plate, bolts, pilot bearing
US$ 595.-

Clutch Kit
disc
pressure plate
throwout bearing
US$ 342.-

Starter ( bolts on the adapter plate )
US$ 135.-

Thanks

C.

You have a tranny from a 5000

The 016 was used in the 5000s - I have run in to this before myself. (A similar model was used in the Porsche 944 too, but they are visibly different in the main case ribbing.) Before buying a tranny, I was looking at the 012 and calling around to see if parts were available. Shops apparently go by the car model, not the actual tranny model. You have a tranny from an Audi 5000 - don't worry. What I'd like to know is what's up with that shifting mechanism on the left hand side? Is that something that converts it to sequential shift? I was working on a mechanism to do that and it was that compact too. Perhaps the mechanism just had to move because of that clutch slave? What's up with that too? Just curious - I have an 016 I haven't rebuilt or used yet.

Txs for the information, good to know the 016 is out of the 5000.
On the mechanism...:confused: , no clue yet. The car is a friends one and I try to help where I can, by organising parts he needs.
I'll see the car physically in a few weeks, then I'll let you know the "secrets" .

Is it worthwile to do further searches on adapterkits or would you just go with the kennedy.
As they have a backlog of 4weeks plus, I should order soon.

C.

Depends where you are located....I heard Kennedy will only ship overseas
via Air Freight ($$$$). If you are in the USA/Canada....no problem.

Mike

I am overseas...in germany.
However I am used to pay $$$$ air freight charges. Most of the time it pays back because I get exactly what I want / need.
But ;) if there is another quality source to save money...of course I'll go for it.

C.

Digging deeper into it..
fyi
our box is a "MO" being built from 08/1980 onwards

Final Drive​
35:9​
3,89​
1 Gear​
36:10​
3,6​
2 Gear​
33:17​
1,94​
3 Gear​
32:26​
1,23​
4 Gear​
28:31​
0,903​
5 Gear​
26:36​
0,684​
Reverse​
42:12​
3,5​

C.

016 Bmo

Sorry, guess I jumped the gun. The 016 "5N" was in the 5000 non-turbo model - the most available model here in the States. I have no idea what the "BMO" version was in, but apparently it was a higher HP application because the gears are taller, even taller then the AAZ - nice. My guess is that if a shop can rebuild the Audi 5000 tranny - the 5N, then they can also rebuild the BMO.

Here's some info on Audi trannies (not official info):

http://www.lambolounge.com/Chassis/Transmission/Audi-915/index.asp
http://www.gt40club.com/technics.htm#Audiaxles

Karl

I'm unaware of any Manufacturer in Europe selling 016 adapter kits.
CAV in South Africa will probably sell you one....but whether it's any quicker
or better or less expensive than Kennedy's products I cannot say.

The Kennedy products are good quality...I've used (2) of their kits.
If you go with them I don't think you will be disappointed.
Good luck

Mike

Back