Need Help With My ZF

I have a ZF transaxle. I am using the bellhousing from Kennedy. Is there some sort of plate that covers the lower portion of the bellhousing? If so, where can I get one?

Thanks

Bill D

Ron Earp

Admin
Bill,

I don't know about the ZF, but I generally make them from sheet aluminum. Just trace the opening and cut it to fit. I made one for my 016 to Ford, to cover a couple of areas, and recently made one for my Lotus 907/Getrag combination. I bet someone sells one for some coin but you can make one for next to nothing.

Ron

Ron Earp

Admin
I use 0.060". Not because of any design calculations or anything, but because it is what I happen to have a big 4'x4' piece of behind my video game cabinet in the garage. ;)

Mainly it is there to have a look at stuff inside and keep crap out.

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Bill,

I've seen a picture of a plate somewhere but cant hunt it down at the moment..... found this it might help.... let us know how you get on, I will be cutting mine sometime soon.

Doc Watson

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 404
Doc-
Thats the plate. Before I set out to make one, I'm going to call Kennedy Engineered Products to see if they have one already made.

Bill D

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
Ahhh found it.... is the hole for the starter? and why is it not covering the engine/bellhousing interface? Anybody?

BTW Bill love the build... RCRs look kool... I want me a 917...

Doc

Attachments

• plate1 001.jpg
    plate1 001.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 407
Plate

Bill,
Having an old one as a template for a place to start helps if you end up making one. I also made one from aluminum, but with a few twists. I use magnets embedded in the flywheel as an ignition trigger, so a recess had to be machined in the plate to clear them...plus an extra hole for the hall switch to stick through.

I used somewhat heavier aluminum, machining it thinner except for the piece of it that hangs below the engine. That has my name etched in it. One of those personalized things that no one ever sees......

Dave
9265627-bd31-02000163-.jpg

9265628-8ffa-02000163-.jpg

Back