Hello, New Guy Here.

Hello, I'm happy to be aboard. I built a "Lone Star" 427 s/c Shelby Cobra in 2001. I bought a original engine that Carroll Shelby built in 1966 for a customer. He wrecked his Cobra and Mr. Shelby bought it back from him. All that was missing was the intake, valve covers & oil pan. I rebuilt it two years ago. 563 hp/ 600 lb.ft of torque. Tremec TKO tranny, Ford 9" with Currie pumpkin. 1/4 mile time. 10.38 @ 134 mph on 10" slicks. 0-60 mph, 3.8 sec. We do travel in it, unless it rains........then we go fast !
I love the car but now, I'm really excited about a GT-40, too excited. I'm afraid I can't afford one. I have apx. 40k in my Cobra. Even if I sell it for that much, there would not be the extra funds available for a GT-40. The manufactures I like so far are, RCR (love the 6061 billet suspension & chassis) Roaring Forty's, ERA and a couple others. I would NEVER......build a "Lone Star" version with a donor chassis and 4-cylinder engine & trans axle. Anyway, maybe someday, I'll have another dream car, the GT-40.

Thank you,
Kevin

That's too bad but, hopefully the new owner will carry on the quality.
Thank you for the information.
Kevin

Back