I would like some pictures

I really want to build a GT 40 and this kit looks like it meets most of my priorities. I am interested in building a track car first and a street car second. I want to be as original as I can be and still have a fast, safe race car. I don't want to kick open a can of worms but.... How does the RCR compare based on originality to the CAV and Superformance cars? What I really need to see are some pictures of completed cars. I am planning a trip to Detroit to see the shop in person with a friend of mine but I would like to see the finished product.

When I entered to cobra hobby, it took 3 tries to find the car for me. I would really like to get it right the first time with the GT. Thanks for your help.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dean,

every manufacturer has its group of cheerleaders....RCR included

This guy is the farthest along with his build.....4 months form delivery to this....spectacular...and its his first ever build....

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17342

The best way to decide is to sit in a car and see how you fit and then look at the things that are important to you....body shape etc etc etc ...this site has a ton of great info but you have to be a little more pointed in your questions to get answers.....

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Dean,
I try my best not to be a "cheerleader", but I have an RCR that I'm building and would be happy to talk with you. If you wish to call, I'll do my best to not be biased.

Build specs:
RCR40, 66' 289 with Webber and ZF-2

I too have built a couple of Cobras, so we may have similar stories (mine weren't Kirk's though.....:).

Check your PM.

Regards, Rob

Howard Jones

Supporter
You could always do a great circle route trip to Reno (super performance), San Diago (CAV), (RCR). Take a long weekend, Southwest air, Motel 6, Avis, proper apointments and a few hundred bucks and have a look.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I know that Dean has already sat in a SPF and did not feel comfortable...he did however fit comfortably in the red RCR that he sat in at the London Ohio show last weekend...so Howard , you are right he has already started doing the rounds.....

I think Byron Marr (Buzz) and I are going to try to make a trip to detroit around 7/18. I really like the RCR product. It seems like it will make a great track car for me and a driver for my buddy. I have been lurking around some of the build threads and it looks like a very complete kit. Are there any pieces that did not come with the kit that you might have expected too? I am trying to do my initial build sheet stuff. Thanks for your help.

good thing you are already on top of things Dean....I am late to the party! Let me know when you want to run up...

Buzz
:pepper:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
You guys may want to let me know too........smile.....

Make sure its not on the weekend of the Brian Redman races at Road America.....13-16th July.......I have to have some fun too ya know......

Fran, we won't surprise you.... I am sure it will take us a couple days to figure out when we can both run up. I have a pretty interesting schedule (7 on/7 off), so probably easier for me to let Dean decide. We are very interested and look forward to it. will there be a car anywhere close that is realatively put together we can sit in for sizing, etc?

thanks
Buzz

I love this little guy! fits my mood!
:pepper:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Buzz.

there are always 4-6 cars in the shop in various stages of build.

Look forward to meeting you both....

Enjoy the 4th

hey Fran, quick question. I am kinda fuzzy on this issue. when buying from you....do I get basically a car in a box...or do you do various levels of assembly based on my needs? major concerns are the body and cutting lights, etc. I am a newb on body work....

so the question, do you do partial assembly?

thanks
Buzz

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Buzz...

as listed on my website...assembled as a roller......see the red car of Jonathan just delivered last week.....standard deluxe plus kit

You can call and we can discuss other options ...no problem

Fran

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
"Make sure its not on the weekend of the Brian Redman races at Road America.....13-16th July.......I have to have some fun too ya know......"

Fran, wander over to the camping area and look for a green w/yellow stripes MINI. I'll leave a beer out of the cooler for you (assuming you prefer your beer warm). :)

Fran,

how would be the 28th of July... the end of that week? Dean and I chatted today, but he is looking his schedule over. better to check with you before he bends his stuff....in case you were unavailable

Buzz

:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

hey Fran,

looks like the trip is postponed. Dean sold his house and has to be out pretty quickly so he needs the next few days to take care of that. I will keep you posted.

Buzz

Fran,

you are getting quite a bit of action over at club cobra.....they have a GT40 section set up already....you should pop over and introduce yourself and maybe have a presence there also....

Buzz

Back