Mendeola offerings

Doing research on these trannys. Spoke to some shops that represent them but not directly to the company since they are currently moving to a larger facility.

(application - probably being hooked to a SBC in a RCR chassis, not GT40)

The sequential is cause for uncontrolled drooling ....for a relatively reasonable price (compared to 25K Xtrac). But the shop I spoke with says they are real heavy and somewhat long ...so if they are heavy with big gearsets why are they not rated for more HP? Or is Mendeola just very conservative? Noted there may be a direct to SBC bell housing in the future.

MD4-2D seems also to be a good option, small size, low weight, mid engine shift design and massive gearset selection. VW bell housing may be a too limiting? Any Idea on how this box campares to OEM boxes being used from a strenght standpoint?

TIA

Last edited:

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Mesa, do a search here on Mendeola and you will find more info. Bottom line, for a GT40 it will not fit:mad:

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Mesa said:
Doing research on these trannys. Spoke to some shops that represent them but not directly to the company since they are currently moving to a larger facility.

(application - probably being hooked to a SBC in a RCR chassis, not GT40)

The sequential is cause for uncontrolled drooling ....for a relatively reasonable price (compared to 25K Xtrac). But the shop I spoke with says they are real heavy and somewhat long ...so if they are heavy with big gearsets why are they not rated for more HP? Or is Mendeola just very conservative? Noted there may be a direct to SBC bell housing in the future.

MD4-2D seems also to be a good option, small size, low weight, mid engine shift design and massive gearset selection. VW bell housing may be a too limiting? Any Idea on how this box campares to OEM boxes being used from a strenght standpoint?

TIA

Also I think some of the models were only available with a locked spool or open diff. This was a while ago when I chatted with them. Do some searching as suggested, you will find lots of good info on the trans and others that may work, you can download the dimensions of the web I think, and you get get a feel for how long they are.

Sandy

Of course I did a search before writing the initial post and I got almost no info back......
So I try again after people say 'do a search' so I do and get lots of info!
This thing is just trying to make me look bad LOL
Must have messed up the spelling the first go round.

Gotta go now - time for the fireworks!
Thanks to Jolly ol' England for the inspiration :)

Back