Wow.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Bill,

Steve the seller is a good guy that works for a very successful race team...they all loved the GT40 too
...if you search his other items for sale you will see he is selling his house also.....moving on big time I guess.

I will talk with him today and see what he says.

I did write the seller. Fran or anyone that is knowledgeable with the RCR, I have a question. Can it be changed to a left hand drive for here in the states ? Is it just a matter of getting a different dash or is there more involved ?

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Kevin,
the chassis is left or right hand specific due to the tunnel being offset 2 inches...sorry

Not to rain on anyones parade here but.....

Steve's car does still lack a few high dollar items...exhaust/seats/brake lines/carpet set/AC..... just to name a few.....

I am not saying it a bad deal...........just stating the facts for everyones benefit

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Fran... you bastard...you put mine on the wrong side too. :)

Kevin... Soooo what's wrong with having a RH drive car in the states......???

Attachments

• P1050237a.JPG
    P1050237a.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
What about the transaxles included in the deal. What are they worth assuming they have not been rebuilt? Would a G50 porsche 4 speed be a stronger unit? This looks like a deluxe kit as he stated. Fran, Could the buyer buy the needed parts to make it a deluxe plus kit from you? Is there anything that you (RCR) install in the deluxe plus kit that is not installed in this vehicle?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Rob....you said it was up to me....so you got a "real one"...so there.....

Nice looking build you have going there Venom......ready for number two????

Ron McCall

Supporter
gt40fran said:
Rob....you said it was up to me....so you got a "real one"...so there.....

Nice looking build you have going there Venom......ready for number two????

Real one huh!???

Fran, check your e-mail.

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
nothing Ron......not yet anyway

Yours is a real American one....wink.....

should have seen some of the emails I got from American pals yesterday reminding me what the day was a celebration of......buggers

Ron Earp

Admin
gt40fran said:
should have seen some of the emails I got from American pals yesterday reminding me what the day was a celebration of......buggers

Yeah, but just think if we'd not gotten free from the Crown then we'd all be driving on the wrong side of the road. Egads! :)

R

Fran- so it can not be changed to a right side, correct ? I'll have to let Steve know. He believed all you had to do was get a different dash, steering rack & drill two different holes for the column bearing. Brakes, seats & MOST.....important, the A/C. Need it here in Nebraska ! Would I still need the trans-axle also ?

VintageVenom- are you kidding me.....I can barley drive a left side car. LOL ! The two sides of my brain, never work together. Think it's due to hitting my head on the sprint car roll cage way....too many times !

Fran- I want your RCR so,oooooo bad ! Over anyone's. Even RF & ERA.
After looking at your site, the shop, customer photo's, and the responses by Steve and others about you, I feel like a kid in a candy store and mommy Say's no. I'll get one sometime !
Kev

Last edited:

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Kevin,

the car can be swapped over with a new steering rack and dash .

The issue is that a GT40 is not large inside ....and when you reduce the drivers space by 2 inches you only add to the issue.

The tunnel being offset also affects the driving ergonomics......

Now get that Cobra sold and order an RCR.....

Fran- guess that one would not be for me.
I'll tell you, If I can figure something out to get my fat @ss into your GT, I'll do it in a heart beat !

Back